Tuesday 1 November 2011

Front Porch Decorated for Halloween

Wow, what a fun night! I love, love, love Halloween. I have so many wonderful memories from my childhood of trick-or-treating with friends, so Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays.

I decorated the porch pretty simply for Halloween this year.



I covered the front door with the "creepy cloth" used as a tablecloth in THIS previous Halloween tablescape.  (You can see the door minus the creepy cloth in THIS post.)





The witches hat I wore last year (while giving out candy) became my door decoration for this year.  I was inspired to use it on the front door after seeing a similar one at the Country Living Fair.  A crow kept watch from the lantern nearby.



Pumpkins and fall leaves spilled out of an over-turned basket.



And a ribbon-covered pumpkin came out to play for the night.  You'll find an easy tutorial for decorating a pumpkin with ribbon, HERE.   This is a look that should work well all the way through to Thanksgiving.

The scented candle smelled soooo yummy each time I answered the door.  Even the princesses, witches and ghosts who came trick-or-treating kept commenting on the wonderful scent.



Did you have a fun Halloween?

Referenced links in this post:
Porch minus Halloween Decor
Halloween Tablescape with Creep Cloth Tablecloth
Country Living Fair
Tutorial for Ribbon Decorated Pumpkin

Resources:
Witches Hat and Scented Candle: Provided by Colonial Candle
Creepy Cloth: Michael's last year
Lantern: Old Time Pottery
Pumpkins: Home Depot
Basket...had a while so don't remember now

No comments:

Post a Comment