Tuesday 15 November 2011

Finding a Reception Site

Finding the reception site was possibly the most stressful thing about planning this wedding (although now, I've probably jinxed myself).  It all starts with booking the church, which was a hassle all in itself.

Steve and I bounced around on the date that we wanted to get married.  Originally, we wanted the end of April - the weekend we made our relationship "official" so that it would coincide with our 2 year anniversary.  That however, began to conflict with my school schedule and my Master's graduation/finals so we decided against that.  Then, we ran into Cinco de Mayo and Mother's Day until we finally settle on Saturday, May 26th - Memorial Day weekend.  This has ended up to be a perfect date as I'll be done with school (both teaching and my Master's degree) and it gives our out-of-town guests more time to travel with out taking too much time off of work.
Arial view of hotel entrance

Steve and I decided that it'd be more fun and easier for our guests if our reception was held at a hotel.  So, after many phone calls and after finding out how expensive hotel wedding receptions are in Scottsdale, we really only toured three locations; Xona Resort, Scottsdale Millennium Resort, and The Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center.  The Millennium had us sold almost all the way until we toured the Conference Center.  It was gorgeous.  They gave us the royal treatment and had the most beautiful facility.  We were sold!  (And at a high price).

Part of me regrets that we sold out for a more expensive place.  But the venue itself has a such a nice vibe and ambiance that I know that on my wedding day, I will be very happy with our decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment