Wednesday 20 May 2009

Tablescaping with Wedgwood... Welcome to the 39th Tablescape Thursday Hooked on Fridays at Hooked on Houses!

Come on out on the porch! I'm so glad you're here! I'm linking my tablescape post this week to Julia's Hooked on Fridays event.

This week I'm really hooked on....



dragonfly and bumblebee lit trees. Since it was so gloomy out, it seemed the perfect day to light up the porch with dragonfly lights.



These came from Smith & Hawken but they are in the process of going out of business. You may be able to find some that are similar in Target...I think I've seen some smaller ones there.



The table is ready and the candles are lit...



I've layered lots of creamy white textures...one on top of the other. I found the bowls at Home Goods; the dinner plates are of the same pattern.


I pulled our color scheme (green and purple) from these special Wedgwood salad plates.



They have a beautiful raised floral pattern all around the outer edge, along with a pretty green trim.



From the markings on the back, I believe the plates date back to around 1937 or earlier.



And here's our dinner plate...it's the same pattern as the bowl. Found this set at Home Goods but it did not have a maker or pattern name on the label. Lace chargers are from Horchow. Neiman Marcus also carried them but unfortunately, I haven't seen them on either site in quite a while.




A friend gave me these sweet hand towels for my birthday a few months ago.




I thought they made wonderful napkins for our floral themed tablescape.




Stemware was only $2.50 each from a local thrift store.




Lots of creamy textures and layers...with little hints of color.



The floral centerpiece was gathered from the yard and from the garden..



The white flowers are from a "weed" type tree that grows wild in my back yard. The scent is heavenly, so I haven't had the heart to cut it down. :-)



The purple flower is from my garden...it's common name is Spiderwort. (Tradescantia)



The spiderwort has long skinny leaves that just shoot out from the stem...kind of like the legs of a spider....wonder if that's where it got it's name? It gave the arrangement a wild and wooly look. :-)



A view from the end of the table...




Even in the middle of the day, the lighting and candlelight work their magic.




Thanks for coming by the porch this afternoon...




Can't wait to see all the beautiful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday!






If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Please copy and paste the Tablescape Thursday logo button to your computer. Then you can upload it to your side bar and use it in your tablescape post so your visitors will know you are participating.

Please link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday.

Please do not add your link below, until your tablescape post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs have lovely tablescapes awaiting your visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment