Tuesday 26 May 2009

Three or More Tuesday...

It's time for Three or More Tuesday over at The Gypsy's Corner. If you've never visited Tam's blog, you will definitely want to stop by to see her gorgeous gardens, lovely vignettes and wonderful tablescapes.

I've been eyeing that empty spot above the china cabinet in my dining room for some time now. At Christmas time it's often filled with greenery from the yard...like magnolia leaves and nandina berries. But the rest of the year, it's pretty empty up there.


So recently I decided to put my small collection of white pitchers there to see how they looked. I think I like it. :-) I really like the contrast of the white against the red wall in this room. I found all of these pitchers for very reasonable prices at Marshalls, HomeGoods and Michaels. The rooster pitcher was $10 and the others ranged between $6 to $8...so all total I spent around $38 to decorate this area.


I'm seriously thinking of adding an iron decorative piece on the wall behind them. I don't want to take away from the contrast of the white pitchers against the red wall...but it just looks like it needs a little something else.



Don't think I want any greenery because that might obscure the pitchers...unless, I raise them up a bit and then add the greenery. Ummmm, what would you suggest? :-) This room is painted white below the chair rail...wish I'd thought to take a pic showing that part. :-) If you scan down just a little, you will see pics of this room in yesterday's Metamorphosis Monday post. Thanks for your suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment