Sunday 10 May 2009

Old Bound Newspapers Become End Table! Welcome to the 17th Metamorphosis Monday!

Many, many years ago, The Macon Telegraph and News decided to dispose of all the old copies of their past publications/newspapers. Apparently, news organizations used to keep copies of their old papers by binding them into large "books." Each bound volume, shown below, had about three months worth of newspapers.




I had six of these large books stored for years under my guest bed...couldn't quite figure out what I to do with them. They are truly little time capsules...I love pulling them out and reading the days events in 1921, in my old home town of Macon, Georgia.




One day I got an idea...




I needed an end table in my upstairs family room. So I stacked them up...




And had a piece of glass cut a bit bigger than the books themselves.




These facinating time capsules are no longer stored under the bed and I have a unique and very functional end table for my upstairs family room. :)




Looking forward to seeing all your Before and Afters for this Met Monday!



If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Don't forget to copy and paste the Met Monday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Met Monday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Metamorphosis Monday.

Please be sure to link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch, so your fellow bloggers who are participating today, will get lots of visits, as well.

Please do not add your link below until your Met Monday post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs are participating in this Metamorphosis Monday:

No comments:

Post a Comment