Friday 8 May 2009


Recently I was chatting via e-mail with my friend, Toni. She shared two wonderful pics of a beautiful tablescape she created for a Women's Spring Luncheon held at her church. You'll notice it has lots of that wonderful color, pink...perfect for this Pink Saturday!

Toni used several darling birdhouses to create her lovely centerpiece. Toni told me, "As you can tell, I love birds and birdhouses. The individual bud vases are random single vintage salt shakers." Toni said she got the idea of using the salt shakers from her friend Myrna, whose blog is More Than Heirlooms. (Click on pics to enlarge for a better view.)



Regarding the beautiful china and crystal Toni used, she said: "The china is antique, a gift to myself with birthday money on my 50th birthday. My dishes are Sunnybrook pattern by Castleton (an American made china - also produced Haviland and Rosenthal). The crystal is my wedding crystal (we've been married 36 years) and the silver is from my mother, and has a daffodil on the handles."

Toni tucked little notepads under the napkins...sweet favors for the ladies who attended the luncheon. For added whimsy, Toni attached little bees to wires; they can be seen buzzing around this wonderful tablescape...just click to enlarge for a better view.


Toni told me that Myrna is often her creative inspiration and she loves that Myrna can "look at an item and see 1/2 dozen different ways to use it!" Myrna recently did a post about Toni's beautiful home; you can take the tour by clicking HERE.

Toni, thanks so much for sharing this lovely tablescape for Pink Saturday. :-) Don't forget to swing by Beverly's at How Sweet the Sound for lots more Pink Saturday fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment