Sunday 27 November 2011

Picking the Dress

It happened while I was back-to-school shopping with my mom.  We were at Nordstrom and my mom had suggested that we visit their bridal department, "just for fun."  I tried on two dresses and fell in LOVE with the first one I tried on.  It was beautiful and I looked beautiful in it!  We decided to buy it because there were 5 in stock in the country and the return policy was unbeatable.
The dress looked a little like the one above.  Except, it was A-line, not mermaid.  And the flowers went all the way up to the bust line.  It was beautiful.

But, I was still on summer break so I decided to make an appointment at David's Bridal, alone.  I didn't want a lot of input, skewing my decision, so I thought it'd be wise to go to my first appointment alone, and narrow down my choices.

A few weeks later, my friend Margo wanted to see what I had tried on so I made another appointment for the two of us to go back.  Margo (and I) were not completely happy with what I had looked at so far, so Margo asked my consultant to pick something resembling one of the fits of the dresses.  I LOVED the dress she brought me.  But, this was another high-pressure sale as it was a sample dress and the only one available in my size.

So, I picked up my parents from the airport THAT evening and took them to David's Bridal immediately.  We agreed that this was the dress and purchased it right then and there.

Sometimes I still think about that first dress (now returned with a full refund) but then I look MY dress and realize that it's perfect.  The style matches the level of sophistication of the ceremony and reception, it matches mom's veil which I've always wanted to wear, and I light up whenever I put it on.

No pictures!  You'll have to wait....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment