Friday 11 November 2011

Decorating with Wreaths Inside Your Home

Although Thanksgiving is still two weeks away, I'm already thinking about Christmas.  I have even started decorating a little inside.  I want to start early this year so I can really enjoy the holiday season in full.  There have just been too many years in the past where I felt I had just put the decorations up when it was time to take them back down.

One  of my favorite things to decorate inside with at Christmastime are wreaths.  We all know wreaths look wonderful hanging on doors but there are so many more fabulous places to hang a beautiful wreath inside your home.

Wreaths are gorgeous hanging in front of a window.  Give the chief dishwasher a lovely view with a beautiful wreath.  I love the little one hanging off the edge of the island.

Traditional Home


Here's another great example using a square wreath inside, again in a window...

Traditional Home


I took this photo while on a home tour and I love how she not only hung a wreath in the window, but she completely encircled the window with garland, too.  You can take this home tour, HERE.



On this same home tour we saw this wonderful bedroom, again with a lovely wreath hanging from a window.  Isn't this room just beautiful?  You'll find more of this home tour, HERE.




As you may have figured out by now, one of my favorite things to do this time of year is to go on home tours. You get the best ideas you can then incorporate into your own home.  I love the use of wreaths on all the windows in this home. You'll find more of this tour, HERE.



Pssst...If you enjoy home tours, click on the category header "Tours" at the top of this blog.  You'll find lots of home tours there.  If it's holiday home tours you seek, click on the category header, "Holiday" at the top, then scroll down to you reach the Christmas home tour section.

There are so many places you can hang a wreath inside--truly the possibilities are almost endless.  Besides windows, I love hanging a pretty wreath atop a mirror.  You many remember when I hung an autumn wreath above my mantel in my family room for the fall season HERE.



I once hung a sparkly wreath on the Venetian Glass mirror in my dining room for Christmas.  I loved the look so much, I've never taken it down.  It stays there all year as you may have noticed on Tablescape Thursday in this photo of a past Thanksgiving table.  At Christmastime, I sometimes give the wreath a light sprinkling of red berries for the season.



Here's another example of a wreath hanging from a mirror in a beautiful Victorian home decorated for Christmas. You can take the full tour of this home HERE.



I found some beautiful examples of wreaths hanging atop mirrors for the holiday season online at Traditional Home.  Notice the way they decorated the chandelier, too.  Love this room!

Traditional Home


Another example of a wreath hung from a mirror...

Traditional Home


Beautiful mantel with a simple boxwood wreath over a mirror...

Traditional Home


Other than windows and mirrors, where are some other places you could hang a wreath inside your home? How about from an old grandfather clock?  This clock lives in my upstairs family room HERE.



You can hang them from your kitchen cabinets.  I stole this idea for my kitchen after seeing it on a holiday home tour in Madison, Georgia.



I have a little patchwork wreath I sometimes hang from my pantry or laundry room door.



This may be one of my favorite places of all for hanging a wreath indoors---atop bookshelves!  I love this!

Traditional Home


Do you decorate with wreaths inside your home?  If so, where are your favorite places to hang them?

I'm off to do a bit more holiday decorating.  Now where are all those extension cords...

No comments:

Post a Comment