Wednesday 9 November 2011

Loft Tour: KB's [Updated] Wardrobe

A few months ago I shared my DIY wardrobe space in our loft, and I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of proud of it. It's been one of our baby projects since moving into our place and it was fun to get to share my favorite part of our home. Not long after the photos I ran out of space for my shoes. They ended up in piles in front of my "closet" for weeks, and then we realized we needed to do something about it. We scoured Walmart, Target and Lowes to find all of the pieces needed to expand it, and we did just that! All of the white shelving is by ClosetMaid and you can get the brand at all three aforementioned retailers. I thought the first photos of my wardrobe were large, but this makes it look teensy in comparison!


We added 2 tall cubbies (4 total) to the right side, and 1 (2 pieces) to the left. We then added a horizontal shoe rack on top of each pre-existing one below. 8 total pieces bought for the project, and now I have my dream closet! I didn't actually have all of my clothing/shoes up for these photos, but it's still ridiculous. I like making my closet look more like a boutique because I think every gal should treat her closet like so. Getting dressed should be fun. Like you're shopping! It's a great spin to put on your closet.

I know not everyone has an industrial loft where they can hang several hundred pounds of clothing from the ceiling, but you can still make it a fun experience. Put your favorite pieces on display, or color coordinate! I'm going to color-sort my closet soon, when I get a spare minute, but we went ahead and shot it anyway. Maybe I'll do a follow-up of it if I ever actually get it organized that way! 

I'm not sure what I'll do with some of my stuff when I run out of room again (I'm dangerously close). Mike keeps saying to just stop acquiring new things. A huge chunk of that collection is thrifted, too. I've put myself on a/another shopping ban sort of. I need to let the rest of our house catch up to my closet!

I'll be sharing our "bedroom" tomorrow morning! Be sure to drop back by! Thanks for indulging me xo

No comments:

Post a Comment