Monday 14 November 2011

It Began on July 17, 2011

Taken only hours before we got engaged!
This was the weekend we got engaged!  Steve and I booked a trip to Sedona to escape the heat and take our first trip... just the two of us (and Jack, of course).

We stayed at the Oak Creek Terrace which has a nice layout and access to the creek, complete with fire places, hammocks and lounge chair to really enjoy the sounds and scenery of the creek.  We spent two nights in Sedona and Steve proposed on the first.  He even said, he couldn't wait any longer (I think his nerves were getting to him).  It was very sweet, the way Steve proposed.  We were playing with Jack in an area near the creek when I decided that I wanted to take a break and relax in one of the hammocks.  While I was enjoying looking at the trees and listening to the creek, Steve called Jack over to him.  He secretly slipped the ring onto Jack's collar and then sent him running over to me.

When Jack got to me, I took him by the collar (as Steve told me to do) and discovered my engagement ring!  Steve got down on one knee, hands trembling, and asked me to "make him the happiest man in the world."  With my speechless, "yes" he slipped the ring on my finger and we sealed the moment with a kiss.

It was a moment, and weekend, that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment