Sunday 28 February 2010

Baking with Mark Ballard


Something tasty for your Sunday...Mark Ballard has a fun video posted at Macon.com. He's making a yummy Strawberry Cake. (Sorry about this teeny pic...it really distorted badly when I tried to enlarge it.)



Did you know about Swans Down Cake Flour? I do now...and I will definitely be using it for my next cake! Thanks, Mark!

Mark shares a lot of great tips about which hand mixer he prefers to use, how to flour your cake pans for the best results...he even shows us how to pipe icing for a pretty cake. I always love Mark's cooking videos at Macon.com because not only do you learn a few new tricks to use the next time you're baking, but you come away feeling like you just had a nice visit with a good friend. :-) Oh, and you're gonna love the Lazy Susan idea!

Mark, if you see this...how much confectioner's sugar do we use in the icing? I don't remember seeing that part in the video. If anyone else catches it, please let me know...I'd love to try this recipe sometime.

Click HERE to watch Mark make a delicious Strawberry Cake, Southern style...no cheating with a box mix allowed. ;-)

If you'd like to keep up with Mark, you can follow him on Facebook, HERE.

I've previously posted links to Mark's website and some of his other videos...you will find those, HERE, as well as pics of Mark's beautifully decorated home.

BTW, I loved reading the results of your "Color Career" tests from yesterday. It seems most of us felt the test was pretty accurate. :-)

See you tonight for Met Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment