Tuesday 16 February 2010

Awesome New Feature for Bloggers

Warning: What lies ahead is short on pictures, but it's good stuff that you will want to know...trust me on this! :-)

Bloggers...you're gonna love this! Readers who don't blog...you will probably like this new feature, too!
I have some great news to share! (Hyperventilating!) You may have already noticed it, but I just found it yesterday! You know those neat little headings that you sometimes see on "professional" websites...the ones that say, "Home" or "About" or "Contact?" Well, if you are using a Blogger template, you can have those nifty little labels just underneath your header pic, too! (If you are not using a Blogger template, you can still add them, but it involves changing the html code for the template...Yikes!)

If you aren't sure what I'm talking about, glance up to the area just under my header pic...do you see them? Do you see the neat little headers? Is anyone else as excited about these as I am? I love anything that makes BNOTP more functional and user friendly for my readers. Ok, Bloggers, here's the skinny:

Go to "Posting," then click on the tab, "Edit Pages" and create all the headings or pages you will want to show...like "Home" or "Contact."

Then go to "Layout," Click on "Add a Gadget" and select the "Pages" Gadget to add to your blog. You should see all your pages listed...just drag them to arrange them in the order you like. At first, all my headings appeared in my sidebar, but I just drug the "Pages Gadget" to the area just underneath the header pic and ta-da...it was right where I wanted it! Then I did a happy dance! Then I did another happy dance! :-)

I've tried over and over to alter my html code to add those elusive little headers and had never been able to get it to work. I could just give those ole Google Blogger techy people a big ole smooch! Yipee!

Oh, btw, when I created my headers, I think I actually did it backwards. I added the Pages Gadget first and then created the Pages...but it still worked. I'm still tweaking the info I placed under my headings...sorting through it to make it more user friendly...but I'm loving this new feature!

If you need any help, click HERE for instructions on adding the Gadget called "Pages" to make the subject headers underneath your header picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment