Friday 12 February 2010

Snow in Georgia and A Mary Frances Bag

Yep, you heard right...it's snowing in Georgia. All you folks in the Northeast are laughing about right now, because this is nothing compared to what you've seen this winter.



I am TOTALLY a warm, weather kind of girl...but I do see the beauty in Mother Nature's decorating.



And this...well, it is certainly not the view I normally see from the porch.





A Mary Frances Bag:
I always carry a small purse because I don't like the weight of a heavier one. This Mary Frances bag is my favorite for an evening out. You can dress it up or down. It looks great with an evening dress or with jeans...I've carried it with both.

Front view...I love all the little details...like the beading.



Back view... This little bag is covered in a wonderful mesh-type fabric, under which appears to be a silk fabric. I fell in love with it because it has the look of an antique or vintage piece.


Mary Frances purses are known for their intricate detail work...they are usually covered up in beading...and I do mean, covered up! This bag actually has a lot less beading and detailing than most of her bags. I love the pink beads you see here. The other beads you see running all over it are a gorgeous green...they are the same color as the fabric, with which the bag is lined.



More details...do you see the pink in the darling iridescent butterfly? I love the soft colors of all the fabrics used to make this bag...like the little pink flowers under the butterfly.



Isn't this just the cutest clasp?


This bag reminds me of Mary Poppins's bag because it looks like it wouldn't hold very much, but it's actually very roomy down inside.



It's lined with a beautiful deep-green fabric...hard to capture in a photo. Each Mary Frances bag is a little different since so much of it is hand-made.



Mary Frances bags are available at some Macys stores, Neiman Marcus and on eBay.  All the Mary Frances bags have style names, but I can not remember the name of this one for the life of me. If someone recognizes it and remembers, let me know, and I'll add it to this post. It's retired now, so about the only way to find it would be on eBay. I normally remove the dangly 'Mary Frances' name thingy when I'm using it...I just like the look of the bag without it.



You can check out the actual Mary Frances website by clicking HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment