Saturday 17 September 2011

Favorite 'Fumes?

Eau De Parfum
And no, I don't mean like gasoline or anything like that!

When I think about perfume I can't help but think mature, elegant, fancy... I'm not sure all of those adjectives rightfully describes the choices out there, but there's something about the shape of the glass bottles and the intricate design/tops that I simply can't get enough of. Well, at least looking at. Truth be told: I don't own a single fancy perfume. I guess I've never really been "that girl". But I am interested in finding a fun new scent that I'll wear daily. We all like to smell good, right? (I hope so!)

It's easy to get lost in the endless sea of what's available out there. Everything on the shelves looks so pretty, and even if you're not a huge fan of the scent you can see yourself putting that glass bottle on your mirrored vanity tray as a decorative piece.That's one thing about perfume that fascinates me! We use the packaging as decoration... marvelous! I honestly wear an $18 perfume from Anthropologie (that I love, don't get me wrong!) but it almost seems as if it doesn't quite stand up to the faceted glass pieces above.

I'm not one to go spend $100+ on some perfume. It just isn't that big of a priority to me. I have a few Sephora giftcards that I've been holding onto for far too long and I've ran out of my signature scent so I'm thinking that maybe this week I'll venture in and pick up a new one. Change is good, yea? I can't possibly test them all (Hello headache!) so I'm going to rely on you...

What is your favorite scent? Why? What does it smell like? What draws you to it?

I tend to love flower-y scents (though I don't want to smell as though I bathed in a liquid rose garden!), and I like a crisp, clean smell. I'm not much of a "musky" type of gal! How about you?

PS; If you're interested in any of the above perfumes, here is all of the source information for them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment