Monday 5 September 2011

Dotty the Librarian








Let me first apologize to any librarian I may offend with the title of this post. Something about a nice tan and navy (with a nice burst of maroon and some cute specs) makes me think of a librarian. But the adorable kind, not the stereotypical kind. Though I may be making a stereotypical depiction as well.. whatever. The important part is that you know it's a good thing. It's something I really like at least! 

I've been wearing this exact outfit more than I care to admit. I'd wear it 2 hours one day, to the post office one day, and maybe to grab lunch the next day. I promise I do laundry and I promise I own other clothes. Christina probably thinks otherwise since she's already seen me wearing it on multiple occasions! Whoops! It's just really comfy. The temps cooled off for a bit and they've started rising back up so I'm balancing one pair of tights with a super light-weight sheer dress. Sheer is ~so in right now but I've never attempted to wear it. I think this is a nice balance for me. The burgundy tights are without a doubt going to be a huge staple in Autumn's wardrobe. I can't wait! We're hoping that a handful of days in Chicago will bring cooler temps, too! I've also been obsessed with any and everything gold lately! Gold bags, gold accessories, and most importantly: gold nail polish. Swoon! I'll share more on that next week though!

I snagged this bag via a PLNDR sale for dirt cheap and it's been getting a ton of wear. It's an Urban Expressions bag and I've only recently come to notice how many of those I own! If you're into really nice bags that are 100% vegan then check them out. I didn't know that was their selling point until after I had a few but I can vouch for the quality :) And the shoes are some Target favorites. I waited for them to go on clearance because I didn't have the heart to spend $30 on them (or whatever they were). $12 was much easier to digest! I'm still really loving my glasses though! I'll share my other new pair this week! Happy Monday, friends!

Sheer dot dress c/o Love Clothing
Forever 21 cardigan
Bee brooch via Etsy
Thrifted belt
Burgundy tights c/o Foot Traffic
Target shoes
DIY headband
Derek Cardigan glasses
Urban Expressions bag via PLNDR

PS; Since I gave some love to PATB this morning, I felt it necessary to give a sweet shoutout to my #1, Loquat! This was the first song I ever heard by them and it still brings back a flood of memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment