Sunday 25 September 2011

Office Additions: Welcome to 140th Metamorphosis Monday!

Happy weekend!  I hope you've been having a great one.  Mine was happy.  Then it was sad.  My son drove all the way down from Ohio for a visit and to ask his best friend (in person) to be his "best man" next May when he and his sweetie, Nancy, are married.

I always feel so sad when it's time for him to leave and return home.  So, being the amazing, strong woman that I am, ;) I dealt with it in a mature and adult fashion.  First I stopped by McDonalds and bought a Caramel Apple sundae, french fries and a large Coke.

Then I went shopping.



I headed over to Marshalls to see what fun Halloween/fall goodies they had gotten in.  I found a few things I had been hoping to find for the office.



I've had some ideas brewing in my head about how I might decorate the wall space above the sitting area in this room.  I had envisioned a mirror above the chest.  I love, love, love mirrors and have used them in pretty much every room of my home.  I really like how they brighten a space and reflect the available light.  A mirror above the chest would reflect the light coming in through the double windows, as well as the view and greenery of the trees.




While in Marshall's today, I found this mirror.   It has a silver-ish frame, which was exactly what I wanted since the cabinetry in this room has silver handles and the knobs on the chest are sort of a rubbed-oil bronze with a silvery look.  The mirror is beveled and really pretty.   The price was amazing...on sale for only $20!



Unfortunately, the mirror is just a bit too wide.  When I arrived home, I measured the chest and it's 28" wide.  The mirror is 29" wide.  Drat.  It really needs to be a bit smaller than the chest to look right and not overwhelm it.



I looked around to see if I could use it somewhere else...such an awesome price for such a large mirror.  But I really don't have another great spot for it, so I guess it will be going back.  But, maybe not.  In addition to being very mature and adult today, I'm also very decisive. ;)



The other item I've been thinking about using somewhere in the office is a large wall clock.  The only available wall space is here on this wall, so I've been envisioning hanging a large clock and making it part of a whole wall arrangement of some type...adding some pictures or something else to the space.  The clock was just $29...not bad for one this large.



I like the Roman numerals, the aged/weathered look and the sage-green color around the outer edge.



Hard to see the greenish color in these photos.  It looks great with the chair and the black lettering works well with the bee pillow and the black stand on the dress form.



The minute hand has a cute fleur-de-lis decoration on the end...perfect for my French bee motif here in the office.  Not sure if I'll keep the clock, but I'm thinking about it.  And in case you're wondering, the clock is too large to go over the chest, too.  Besides, I really do want a mirror over the chest.



The third little addition to the office is this little step stool.  The white dots are non-slip thingies.  Cute, aren't they?



It was marked down to just $6.



It's only nine inches high, but it will be perfect for helping me reach books on the top shelf of my little office library.  I can get them down now, but I have to realllllly stretch on tiptoes to do so.



The best part is, it folds completely flat when you lift up on the handle in the center of the step.  I'll just keep it tucked behind the door.  I have the door pulled back a little in this pic so you can see it leaning against the wall.  The door will normally be further back so it won't be visible at all when it's not in use.  I like that.



Anyone have a mirror shrinking machine?  I think I'll end up keeping it...may come in handy for a future bath renovation.

Note: If you're new to BNOTP, you can see the metamorphosis of this office from beginning to end in THIS post.

Can't wait to see what you've been working on this week!

To receive the latest posts, as well as updates about blog parties, subscribe via an RSS Reader or have BNOTP delivered right to your Inbox.  You'll find links to subscribe via RSS and Email on the sidebar to the right.  Thanks for reading; so glad you are here!

Looking forward to your Before and After!

Reading this post via e-mail or RSS feed?
*If you are reading this via email or RSS feed, to view all the tablescapes linked for Tablescape Thursday, click HERE.





Metamorphosis Monday:
If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday you will need to link up the permalink to your MM post and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top of your blog, into the "url" box for InLinkz.

If you'd like to include the MM button in your post, just copy and paste the Met Monday button to your computer or grab the html code from underneath the MM logo under the "Join a Blog Party" header at the top of this blog.

In order to link up, you'll need to include a link in your MM post back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch so your regular readers will be able to find the Met Monday party which ensures your friends and fellow bloggers will receive lots of visits, too.

PLEASE DO NOT type in all caps...it spreads the links waaaay out. Thanks!

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course.


Welcome! Thanks for coming to the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment