Friday 16 September 2011

See You In September

I promise to try and give my maroon tights a rest after this post. They're so classically Autumn that I simply can't help myself! So many things are happening right now... It's crazy! I'm trying so hard to balance my work life with my personal life with my "this doesn't really fit in a category" life. Not that it's all bad by any means! Definitely not trying to sound like the victim here. I'm just trying to get a grasp on reality (but daydreaming is so fun!). This is another floral print number from AX Paris. The halter style bust is a bit different for a not so busty gal like myself, but it's a comfortable dress. They're all pretty short so I'd recommend tights or at least bike shorts, but they're breezy and fun! I was dying to take my olive Gee WaWa Flora's for a spin. I wear my black ones pretty often and I've sported these babies a few times but never had time to photograph them. Seriously... they look so intimidating, but they're so comfortable! Granted tights make them a wee bit slippery, but I say it's been some of the best money I've spent on shoes! (Just going to throw this out there, but they are on serious markdown right now! I'm talking like almost 50% off.... I want the red ones so bad! There's black and olive and purple and green and red, etc!) Anyway, I threw on a matching olive cardi and a mustard bow from my H+H shoppe and made it work! I kind of want to go stroll in the forest in this outfit. Maybe in flats though...

So some of the news that is keeping me from functioning at 100% productivity-wise: We came home to find our refrigerator was busted again. We bought it back in April for our new place and it broke down in June. We paid 150% of the purchase price to fix it, and now it's busted again. The tech guy should be here any minute. Hopefully it's not another hefty bill though! (And no, no warranty :(). --- I'll be starting my shin piece on Thursday (!!!) and I am absolutely terrified. You'd think with as tattooed as I am that I'd be calm but no, I'm a ball of nerves always. --- The best news of all: Honeybean will make her soft-launch debut at the TN State Fairgrounds Flea Market next weekend! All of her inventory will be in by October's Flea Market, but we're setting up this month just to get a hang of things and have a "trial run" if you will. You're all invited to come out and say hello and shop a bit! We'll have handmade hair pieces (including a whole range of stuff before it hits the online shoppe) and an overwhelming amount of vintage/pre-loved clothing! We're not even really remotely prepared for it, and the thought of it totally pushes me over the edge but I went for it because it's totally a smart move to scare my butt into gear! Wahoo!

Off I go to answer emails and finish some designs! It's so close, y'all! xo

Floral dress c/o AX Paris
Target cardigan
Maroon tights c/o Foot Traffic

No comments:

Post a Comment