Friday 30 December 2011

Banana Boat

These shoes almost take it a step too far. They're almost too ugly (Yeah right, I gravitate toward them... I'm sure they were too ugly for a lot of y'all a long time ago!) Mike + I happened to pop into Urban Outfitters a handful of days ago and on the clearance table was a Jeffrey Campbell box (yeah, that's the only reason I even went). Inside the pretty little box was these Banana Boat shoes. Mike said they looked like McDonald's Play Place shoes, and I can also agree. Anyway, they were marked half off, and they were my size, and they were the only JCs in the store. It sort of felt like fate... even if they were atrocious. I was determined to make them work, so I bought them. (Along with 2 dresses for $10!) I thought I could try a simple white dress, a coordinating cardigan and a pop color for the belt... you know... my uniform.  I'm still not sure if it was a success for not, but I think they might be growing on me some.

Last night Mike + I went on our little daily coffee date, then I met up with Bryan and Elle at the Sportsplex here in Nashville for some ice skating. (Mike joined us after a little while.) Okay, so I've never ice skated before. Ever. I wasn't expecting to like it so much or even be able to stand up, but it wasn't that bad. I only fell once (alright... twice. Once after an hour and a half of skating + I also ran smack into Mike after he fell once. I wasn't paying attention! Doh!) Anywhoo, it was a lot of fun and I definitely hope we go back. I never knew how many people made it out on the rink during the week! Afterwards we all headed over to Las Palmas down the street from our house for some late night Mexican food and drinks. Mike + I snuck in a couple episodes of Breaking Bad before hitting the hay. It was a fun night. 

Now I'm writing down my reflections of 2011 and goals for 2012. I'll be sharing those tomorrow! (Along with the iPad 2 winner!) Hope y'all have a lovely Friday! I have to go see what silly Enid is up to... she's climbing through my shoe shelves and knocking things over! xo

What are your plans for New Years weekend? (I'm working. Womp womp womp!)

Dress via Ross
Forever 21 belt
Target cardigan
Target tights
Jeffrey Campbell Colorblock Litas

No comments:

Post a Comment