Tuesday 18 October 2011

Sit Here for a While


Imagine the feeling of being totally overwhelmed by to do lists, decisions, and life in general (We all experience it... probably more than we'd care to admit!), then all of a sudden everything seems to clear out and calm down... You still have a laundry list of things to get done, you still haven't decided one way or the other on anything, and life is just as crazy as it ever was, but it doesn't seem to matter. The worry is gone. I like that feeling.

I'm pretty sure I mastered the art of worrying in college. Especially in my early years. I could (and still can, on occasion) find the most mundane thing to be troublesome. It's almost as if I lived for the stress. The past few years (and a whole lot of help from Mike) have really helped me see that it's not healthy. And that's it's okay to just "go with it" for a bit. Worrying does absolutely no good. Sometimes I have to slow down and remind myself of that.

KB, You know better than to worry so much. Stop the stress. Chill out. All that stress is just a roadblock for productivity and action. Love, KB.

Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.-Benjamin Franklin

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. -Elbert Hubbard


What do you do to de-stress? What helps remind you to slow down and relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment