Tuesday 18 October 2011

Autumn Comes to the Porch

I've been playing outside today, bringing a little fall to the porch.  During the summer it looks something like this. (See the porch during summer, HERE.  View this tablescape HERE or click on Tablescapes at the top of this blog and scroll down to the "Floral" table setting category.)



Because the porch is all white (for the most part) it's a blank slate for anything you can dream up.  For the 4th of July, it looked like this. (4th of July porch, HERE.)



It was time to add a little "fallness"  to the porch.



I couldn't decide where I wanted the ribbon-covered pumpkin.



(Tutorial for pumpkin can be found HERE.)  It started out behind the swing.



I was trying to capture the late afternoon sun coming in across the shimmery be-ribboned pumpkin.   Instead, the screen in the window gave the pumpkin an odd textured, bulls-eye look.   lol  Not quite what I had in mind.



The wall to the right of the swing definitely needed something.



So I stole the wreath from my fall decorated mantle in the family room.



Somehow Halloween crept out onto the porch.  Love the title of this book.  Can you guess what it's about?  Hint:  It's about "sick" people like me.  ;)  You'll find it at Amazon, HERE.



I love sunflowers.  It's just about impossible to stare at sunflowers and be unhappy at the same time.  I picked these up at the market earlier today.  They are a little different from the ones I normally buy.  I LOVE their frilliness.



I couldn't decide what to do with the hutch.  It started out with a faux leaf garland across the top, but I eventually removed it.  It just felt a little too busy.  (Hutch painting tutorial HERE.)

I swapped out the summer platter that normally hangs above the hutch, for this one with fall colors.



Swapped the summer china on the hutch for plates with more of an autumn feel.  Started with this lantern...



...but ended with this one.  Umm, I think I like them both on the hutch. The floral arrangement on the door is the same one I used last year for fall, HERE.




The only thing I purchased for fall this year was a lantern from Old Time Pottery.  I was inspired by the beautiful lanterns from Pottery Barn in THIS post.



This shabby, old chair holds a sunny red geranium all summer.  (Old chairs make great plant stands.)



For fall, it's sporting a sunshine yellow Chrysanthemum.



If you could grow sunshine in the garden, this is what it would look like.



A view yesterday as the sun began to go down.  I feel an attack of hot cocoa coming on, don't you?  The only question is, one dollop of whipped cream, or two?



Happy Fall!  See you tomorrow for Tablescape Thursday!

Links referenced in this post:
Summer Porch
4th of July Porch
Summer Tablescape with Magnolia Centerpiece
Ribbon Pumpkin Tutorial
Hutch Painting Tutorial
Family Room Mantel Decorated for Fall
Pottery Barn Porch with Black Lanterns
Lantern on wicker coffee table and tealight lantern on hutch are from Colonial Candle

No comments:

Post a Comment