Saturday 1 October 2011

September 2011: A Look in the Rear-view Mirror

Wow!  It's October.  How did that happen?

It's time for a little recap for the month of September, complete with links in case you may have missed a post or would just like to revisit it.  This month, I'm also paying tribute to the Sponsors of BNOTP.  You'll find links to their shops or blogs interspersed throughout this post.  Their support helps make BNOTP possible, so please take a moment to visit.  You'll come away delighted and inspired!

♦I kicked off September by sharing my favorite Decorating and Design books.




The Tassel House


♦Of course, there was A Look in the review mirror post for August.  If you're new to reading BNOTP, just click on this link above to view a recap with links for August.




♦We toured the apartment and greenhouse in the movie Green Card, starring Andie MacDowell.



Silver Magpies


♦Tracy showed us how to build a fabulous desk for the home office.



Etiquette & Leadership Institute



♦We dined in Provence in the movie, A Good Year.



Kerry's Bungalow


♦We toured part of Suzy's beautifully renovated beach home.



♦The next day we finished by touring Suzy's beautifully renovated kitchen, master bedroom and bath.



Gone With a Handsomer Man


♦We took a trip back to the late '50's, early 60's to admire the wonderful hats Doris Day wore in the movies, Pillow Talk and Lover Come Back.  If you love vintage fashion or hats, you'll love that post!



♦That was followed by a look at the fashion of the day in a post titled: Pillow Talk and Lover Come Back: The Fashion of Doris Day


Eleanor Brown


♦I put together one last summer tablescape with a carved watermelon centerpiece.



Noritake


♦Over 600 readers participated in a survey here at BNOTP.  Thanks so much for your feedback and sweet comments.  I learned a lot about what you enjoy reading when you visit.  I'll share more about the survey results soon.



♦I posted a tutorial for carving a watermelon to use as a centerpiece for a party or entertaining.



A Beach Cottage


♦For a Metamorphosis Monday, I shared a new addition to the upstairs family room...a bamboo mat with wonderful Old English print.




♦I took you along with me to an auction at Gallery 63, Auction Kings.  Have you seen their show on the Discovery Channel?  It's a hoot!



French Bleu Vintage


♦We had a wonderful giveaway from A Beach Cottage: Blogging e-Course and a $50 Gift Certificate.  If you missed the announcement of the winner, you'll find that on the giveaway post at the link above.



♦We welcomed fall with a colorful autumn table setting.



European Tableware


Atlantic Luggage and LegoLand joined together for a great sweepstakes.



♦We took a shopping trip to Urban Relics.



The French Tangerine


♦I contemplated (with your help) a couple of new additions to that big blank wall above the sitting area in the office.  So far, I've kept both. :)  The "too big" mirror is growing on me...doesn't look as bad as I feared.



A Great Impression


♦I dressed the family room mantel for fall.






♦I shared some of the products I use to hide ugly ole scratches on furniture.



♦We took a trip to The Mount, home of the author, gardener and designer, Edith Wharton, where we viewed a beautiful table setting created by designer, Bunny Williams.  Two folks spotted doggie treats on the table in one of the pics in that post.  I think I read somewhere, Mrs. Wharton grew up in a family where there was almost always a dog under the table...or maybe that was in her own home.  I know Bunny Williams is a huge fan of dogs and has several herself.  Brilliant that she thought to include the doggie treats since Mrs. Wharton was fond of dogs, too.



European Vintage Motif


♦And we finished the month out with "The Everything Post" where I shared lots of pics and treasures I have been wanting to share with you for a while.  I could do at least two more posts just like that one.

It's kind of funny because when most bloggers begin blogging, they worry about running out of ideas or topics to blog about.  Instead, I have found the opposite to be true.  There are so many wonderful experiences and things to share...just not enough hours in each day to share them all.   But I'll keep trying. :)



We're entering into one of my favorite times of the year.  There's fall decorating to be done, followed by Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment