Tuesday 25 October 2011

Country Living Fair in Stone Mountain, Georgia

I haven't been to a crafts fair in years.  We used to go to them all the time, but after a while you begin to feel like there's nothing new under the sun.  When I heard Country Living Magazine sponsors a fair at Stone Mountain Park each year, I knew I had to check it out.   It definitely didn't sound like your typical crafts fair from years gone by and it really wasn't.  There were crafted items for sale, but there were also lots of vintage and antique pieces, as well as new.



I didn't get to see it all; the fair was huge!  But I thought I'd take you along with me today to see some of what was available for purchase last weekend at the Country Living Fair.   Some of the photos may be a bit dark, so please excuse.  The booths were underneath the trees and they were not always well lit since we were in the great outdoors.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.  Click twice and it will enlarge even more.


Several booths were arranged as "rooms."   This was definitely not a typical "crafts" fair.  I loved the chandeliers in this booth.



A close up of one of the chandys...



Here's another fun use for your silver champagne/wine cooler in between those parties.  Turn it into a pretty fall planter.  Maybe that's what I should do with the one I bought HERE that arrived with a broken handle.  I'm pretty sure I still have it around here somewhere.





Beautiful wares...



The red album containing old pictures was priced in the $90's.  I didn't stop to see how many pics it had, but if it had a lot, that wouldn't have been a bad price.  I always have to check those out since I've collected two over the years.  You can see one of mine in THIS post.



Cute little dolls...not sure what these were made of.  We were moving pretty quickly so no time to ask questions.  They look like the dolls of yesterday, don't they?



Here's a view of the other side of the doll house, displaying more of these wonderfully unique dolls.



Fabric pumpkins...





Uniquely upholstered furniture...





Wouldn't the whale chair be fun for a child's room or a beach cottage?



If you love colorful fabrics and whimsical interiors, you would love the items available in this booth.



More great chandeliers...great lamps, too.



Spoon necklaces...



Necklaces made from the handles...



I loved this booth.  I would love to do a whole wall in silhouettes in my home somewhere.



I have two of my son and wrote about those in THIS post.



Aren't they wonderful?!



This witch's hat reminded me so much of the one I have from Colonial Candle.  I used mine in a Halloween table setting HERE.  When I saw the hat, it struck me how cool it would look hanging on the front door for Halloween.  That's why I love coming to these events.  Even if I don't spend a dime, I always come away with some new ideas.



Sparkly Halloween wreaths...



Sooo fun!



Mr. Goose would be wonderful to decorate with for Christmas.  What a great centerpiece for a buffet, sideboard or table.  Look at the size of those pine cones!



A pretty table...



From the other end...





Another table setting...



This would look great in my family room.  I'm looking for something similar to put where I currently have a giant ficus tree.



A lovely dresser...



Lots of fun pillows.



This reminded me of one of my favorite movies, The Red Violin.



The witch's boots appear to be made from black jean fabric.  They don't look like they would be that hard to make, do they?



Here's a hat made from the same fabric...



Pretty lamp shades for Christmas...imagine these lit up.



A moss-covered chair for the garden or porch...



Loved the French script curtains.  I thought they might look great in the office, but they were a tad too short.



Here's a close up of the fabric on this pillow...



They were nice and heavy and the pricing was very reasonable at $60 a pair.



You would never lose track of time while sitting in this chair.  It gives me an Alice in Wonderland feeling. :)  Or, maybe a Back to the Future feeling.  Whimsical!



I found the prices throughout the fair to be okay---no screaming bargains but not outrageous either. I'm a bargain hunting girl so I didn't but anything except some cinnamon and orange/cinnamon potpourri made with rose hips.

We so need scratch-and-sniff computer monitors.  Close your eyes and imagine cinnamon and cinnamon with oranges.   Ahhhhh...



Have you ever been to a Country Living Fair?

PSSST:  You can continue your antiquing HERE with French Bleu Vintage.  Adrienne is sponsoring a fabulous Giveaway Shopping Spree!

Links reference in this post:
Halloween tablescape with witches hat centerpiece
Victorian antique photo album
Family Room
Office
Silhouette Art
My broken champagne Bucket

No comments:

Post a Comment