Friday 7 October 2011

Halloween Decorating and Party Ideas

I haven't decorated my front porch for Halloween, yet, so I decided to go through some of the pics I have stored on my computer for a little inspiration.  These are definitely some of my faves!

We decorate our front doors with garland for Christmas...why not do the same for fall?  I absolutely love this leafy garland!  I so want to make this!  Notice the scary "curtains" on the door.  Those would be easy to make from cheesecloth.

Pottery Barn


Here's another one of my favorite front porches.  Doesn't this make you want to paint your front door orange?  If it just wasn't so much trouble to change it back after fall/Halloween.

Pottery Barn


This would be such a great way to decorate for a Halloween party...and so simple.  You would have the added bonus of a little extra protection against spills on the furniture.   Love the candelabra!  So amazing how a candelabra can be made to feel elegant for a dinner party or scary for Halloween with just the addition of black candles.  I think I'd also string some spider webs on the candelabra, too.


Country Living


Here's a great way to keep the drinks chilled for a party.

Southern Living


Have a collection of creamware?  Here's an easy, whimsical way to decorate for a party, or just for you and your family this Halloween.  Love the black roses and the great contrast created by the orange backdrop and black accents.

Country Living


I am determined to do this for Halloween this year.  I've been saving all these files for inspiration...time to put them to work.  It looks like they sliced off the bottom and top of the middle pumpkin so they would stack properly.  Ummm, wonder what the trick is to keeping them from falling over.  Any ideas?

Southern Living


This would take some serious time to do...but I do love the look.

Southern Living


I don't have window boxes on my home, but if I did,  I would so copy this idea.

Southern Living


So clever!  I can see that I need to do some serious crow buying.  I'm lacking in the crow department. lol

Country Living


Just when you thought decorating for Halloween had to be done all in orange...Surprise!  Love the different shades of gold.  I think you really need a black door, or at least a dark colored door, to pull this off.  With the addition of greenery and a bit or red and green ribbon, the door decor could go right into Christmas.

Country Living


Click HERE for more Halloween Decorating Ideas, or click the header category Holiday Decorating at the top of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment