Saturday 13 August 2011

Savannah Georgia: A Home Tour

When I visited Savannah earlier in the Spring, I was with a friend who loves gawking at beautiful homes as much as I do.  We pulled onto a side street and despite the humid, hot temps, we hopped out of our air conditioned car and strolled a few blocks admiring the beautiful old homes.  Now, that's house love!

One of the first things we came across was this wonderful gate.   I'm loving those pineapple finials.



A pretty home with beautiful window boxes...





I couldn't help but admire the iron work and the real "working" exterior shutters on this home.



A view down E. Victory Drive, lined with Live Oaks dripping in Spanish moss.  The pictures don't really do this view justice.  It was so much prettier in person.



The view looking the other way...



Gazing up into one of the beautiful Live Oaks lining this drive:



This house has a fairytale entrance.  I wonder how they decide how far to let the ivy grow and where it has to stop.



Look how perfectly straight the ivy is across the front of this home.  I love the windows on this beautiful old home.  Again, how do you decide where to stop the ivy and where to let it grow?  Ummm...



Another pretty home...



This was my favorite home on our little walking tour.  It's on a corner and this was the side view.



I'm pretty sure the style of this home is "Dutch Colonial."  I love the roof line/shape you saw in the side view and I especially love this huge front porch.  Just look at the windows surrounding the front door.  Absolutely beautiful!



This was my friend's favorite house on the tour.



The gardens out front were so pretty.



I never realized until I put this post together how many homes in this area had ivy growing up the front.  I hope it's not the invasive kind that can damage brick.  It is a beautiful look, although the brick that's gradually being hidden on this home is really pretty, too.  How do you like the fencing and the gate?  Beautiful, isn't it?



Hope you enjoyed this walking tour of a few of the homes in historic Savannah, Georgia.

If you'd love to see more of beautiful Savannah, click HERE for an Isle of Hope tour.  My FAVORITE Savannah Home Tour posted here on BNOTP is this tour, HERE in the Isle of Hope.  Click, HERE for a interior tour of a stunning, historic mansion that's currently on the market in Savannah.

Metamorphosis Monday:
Please stop by Sunday evening after 9:00 PM or sometime during the day on Monday for this week's Metamorphosis Monday.  It's going to be a special one and your comment will be worth its weight in gold on that special MM post.  Have a wonderful, weekend dear friends.  See you on Sunday eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment