Friday 26 August 2011

DIY - bulletin board

I am so excited for this weeks challenge from The Shine Project! As you saw in my Tuesday post,  I have been doing some updates to my home.  I have been wanting to make a DIY bulletin board for months now but the right time never came around.  Once I saw Ashley's post I just knew it was bulletin board time!!

I found this huge frame from goodwill a while back for 6 dollars! It had a really ugly  old fashioned picture in it but I loved the size and for 6 dollars why not? I painted the frame black when I first got it yet never used it.

Photobucket

here is what you need:
* frame 
* fabric (on sale as Joanns for $3 a yard)
* stock foam board 1/2 inch. ($4)
* spray paint
* hot glue gun

Photobucket

I glued the fabric nice and tight around the stock foam

Photobucket

after gluing the fabric, I sprayed the frame with the quick drying spray paint. 


Photobucket

I was originally going to use duck tape to tape the stock foam to the frame however I came across some little nails in my "tool box" that worked perfect.  I nailed each corner. 

Photobucket

I hung the board in my "office" (lacking desk) with some black ribbon I found around the house :)

All I need now is some push pins and some fav pics to hang on it!!
super easy,  super cheap!!!

TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY TO ENTER THE CBEELZ COASTER GIVEAWAY!!! Ends tonight at midnight.   You can enter HERE
gooooood luck!!! The winner will be announced next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment