Sunday 24 July 2011

A Few Changes in the Office: Welcome to the 131st Metamorphosis Monday!

Happy Met Monday! Hope your weekend has been a fun one!  I don't have a dramatic Before and After for this Met Monday, but I do have some fun little changes I can't wait to share.  But before I show you what I've been working on...


A Few Mini-Mets for this Metamorphosis Monday:

A Naked Porch:
Recently,  I blogged about having the house and porch pressure washed, HERE. The company I used was awesome and their owner Wesley asked me to remove the sheers from the porch just to make sure they didn't get dirty during the cleaning process.  I haven't had a chance to hang them back up just yet, so I thought I'd share how it looks with them down.  I always enjoy having them down for a little while...makes the porch feel more open on these hot, muggy days.  Something tells me they will be going back up again before too long. In the meantime, change is good. :)

I also put away the patriotic decor you saw, HERE.  I loved the look but I was missing the serenity of the soft greens.  The red, white and blue will be back for our next patriotic holiday. :)



 A Few Small Changes in My Office/Craft/Sewing Room:

You know, I think we need to invent a new word for a room that functions as an Office, a Craft Room and a Sewing Room. Maybe that's what folks call a Studio.  If not, what should we call it? How about a Sewcroff? Or, a Croffsew?  I think I like Sewcroff better. ;)

Okay, I just looked up the definition of a studio and that won't work because a studio is "a room where an artist, photographer, sculptor, etc... works."   If you stretched that a bit, you might be able to squeeze crafting and sewing room into that definition...but a home office?  Ummm, just doesn't fit.

So, where was I?  Oh, yes...I made a couple of wee changes in the Sewcroff this week.





I finally quit procrastinating and caulked the crown molding I had installed two months ago.   About time, right? ;)  I also caulked the crown molding in the guest room while I was at it. Now I just have to actually quit procrastinating and go buy some white paint and paint it all.  Don't you love our awful "flowery" ceilings here in the south?  Ugh.  Thankfully they have stopped this nonsense and have been building homes with smooth ceilings now for quite a few years.  One of these ambitious days, I'm going to start scraping and sanding them.  What a mess that will be!  Some folks just install sheet rock right over them, but you have to take the crown molding down and redo it all when you do that.



While I was climbing all over and around the furniture in the guest room, caulking the crown molding (this pic was taken before the crown molding was installed) I decided to move an item from the guest room to the new Sewcroff. Can you guess which item I moved?


Now, can you guess? :)  Every Sewcroff needs a dress form, don't cha think?  I would really like to do something fun with her.  Nothing too crazy or wild since this space has turned into a fairly peaceful, serene room, despite my best efforts to go wild in here. lol Kidding!


I like how she looks standing over there in the corner near the sewing machine. She's trying to put the "sewing" in Sewcroff! ;)  Hey, I did sew two pillow covers for my 4th of July porch, HERE.  That counts, right?

She also coordinates well with Mr. Bee on the pillow...a happy accident.  She needs a name, doesn't she? What should I call her? All I know about her is:  She is "Collapsible" although she doesn't really look collapsible. She is a Model 1975 and a size 8. I tell you, a size 8 was a lot teenier back then, because she looks more like a size 2 or 4. Oh, and she says, "Wolf Model Form Co. N.Y. on her neck.



So, she's a New Yorker!  Living in the south!  I've had her so many years now, I think she's an honorary Southern Belle at this point. ;)  (You can read about how I found her, HERE.)



And just in case you're wondering, yep, I can still squeeze by to get into the closet...which is pretty empty except for a few boxes and some left over fabric. Which reminds me, I still need to paint in there, too.



I've always been terrible at coming up with good names, so y'all have to help me think of a name for my Size 8 friend from New York who has been living in the south for so long, she's beginning to talk with a southern drawl and says things like "fixin" and "y'all" on occasion.  ;)   Next time you see her, she may look a little different...I'm just saying. :)  Don't worry, I'm not going to stick her in a giant hooped skirt or anything. lol  But she does need a little "sumpin, sumpin," doesn't she?

Pssst:  If you're a new reader of BNOTP, you can view the transformation of this room from a bedroom to a home office/craft/sewing room,  HERE.

So what have you been metamorphosising this week? Can't wait to see!




Metamorphosis Monday:
If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday you will need to link up the permalink to your MM post and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top of your blog, into the "url" box for InLinkz.

If you'd like to include the MM button in your post, just copy and paste the Met Monday button to your computer or grab the html code from underneath the MM logo under the "Join a Blog Party" header at the top of this blog.

In order to link up, you'll need to include a link in your MM post back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch so your regular readers will be able to find the Met Monday party which ensures your friends and fellow bloggers will receive lots of visits, too. Isn't that what a party is all about? :)

PLEASE DO NOT type in all caps...it spreads the links waaaay out. Thanks! :-)

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)


Welcome! Thanks for coming to the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment