Tuesday 21 June 2011

For Sale: Father of the Bride Movie House and An Historic Home Tour

Well, THE Father of the Bride movie house isn't for sale, but the other one is. Huh? Apparently, there were two houses used for the filming of the first Father of the Bride movie. The one that we all remember below that's located in Pasadena, CA is NOT for sale.



But the home that's located at 500 North Almansor Street in Alhambra, CA and was used for the backyard dining scenes on the deck and for the basketball playing scenes, is available to purchase.



According to the real estate listing, the home is available for $1,350,000. It has just gone on the market and you can take a tour of the inside.

In this scene from Father of the Bride, Annie and her fiancé are dining outside with Annie's parents, played by Diane Keaton and Steve Martin.




This is a photo from the real estate listing and it definitely looks like the same deck.




Here's one more view of the back/side of the home from the movie. Yep, same house as above.



You can view the real estate listing and see 7 photos of the interior of this home, HERE.


Home Alone Movie House Also For Sale:

The Father of the Bride home is the second movie house to go up for sale recently. The house where Home Alone was filmed is also available for purchase. You can tour the Home Alone home as seen in the movie, HERE and you can tour it as it is today, HERE.


Historic Home Tour: Savannah Georgia

Last month while I was on vacation in Savannah, Georgia, we drove through some wonderful old neighborhoods with beautiful, historic homes. After I returned home, I wrote about about painting porch ceilings "haint blue" in THIS post, and I shared the names of some great haint blue colors. I also shared a few exterior pics I had taken of this home with its haint blue ceiling. I had noticed a Realtor sign in the front yard the day I took the pics, but it was a reader who alerted me to the real estate listing online...thanks, Lydia!

Let's take a tour of this 1912 home on E. Victory Drive in Savannah, Georgia. This home has been featured in Better Homes and Gardens magazine! I totally fell in love with the bedrooms. It has a sunroom that reminds me of a conservatory.

The real estate listing states this 8,376 sq ft home is being offered at $1,950,000.




Wow! A grand staircase greets you as you enter the front door. I always love seeing a round table in the center of a large entrance. Stunning floor in this entry/foyer. I am guessing that's marble...do you think so? The design is so intricate.




Beautiful room! I wonder if this would be called the parlor? I love the windows in the older homes with the all the beautiful mullions. Glad those aren't covered up with shutters. Notice the beautiful mantel with the built in mirror.



I think the first room must have been the ladies' parlor and this would have been the gentleman's parlor. Previously, while on historic home tours, I've been told that after dinner the women retired to their parlor and the men retired to theirs. Supposedly, the way you can tell which is the gentleman's parlor and which is the ladies' is because the mantel is usually higher in the gentleman's parlor than it is in the ladies' parlor. Hard to tell in these pics if one is higher or not; they look about the same.




Which room do you think is the ladies' parlor and which is the gentleman's parlor?




The Dining Room: Gorgeous chandelier! This home has 8 fireplaces!




Sunroom: Note the shape of this room. It feels like a conservatory, doesn't it, but I don't see a glass ceiling.




I'm calling this the library, although it may be considered a study. I like the bold wall color contrasting again the warmth of the built-in cabinetry.




It has a modern kitchen. We see more of those stunning windows that are throughout the home. That looks like a painted wood floor. You can see some really beautiful painted wood floors in THIS post at Things That Inspire.




How do you feel about built in plate racks? I've always wondered if the dishes get dusty, but I guess if you are displaying your everyday dishes, they are being used so much they don't have time to collect dust. Do you have an open plate rack/dish storage? Do you like it?




You can really see the floors here. I love them! I came within a hair of painting the floors in my kitchen several years ago. They were badly in need of refinishing from our Golden Retriever's claws. I ended up just having them refinished, but I do love the painted look. You'll find a tutorial for painting wood floors at Apartment Therapy. I love the sunny-yellow painted floors at Paisley Wallpaper. But don't leave just yet to go look at those...you gotta see these bedrooms first!




I believe this is the master suite. I love those draperies...they appear to be silk taffeta. Even the French doors have the gorgeous mullion pattern across the top. So beautiful! Those doors appear to lead to the porch/balcony we saw on the front of the home.




Such a nice, big sitting area! I love all the windows you find in historic homes. They let in so much light!




The master bath has a claw foot tub.






Another adorable bedroom...




This house has 4 bedrooms and 4.5 baths.




The 4th bedroom: Aren't the bedrooms wonderful! Notice how the draperies were designed. This would be a great way to add length to store bought draperies if you needed extra length for high ceilings.




This is apparently the stairway leading to the third/attic floor. Let's head up and see what's on the top floor.




It appears to be a huge media room.







The backyard...




The back of the home...




It has a veranda...




Did you enjoy the tour? Would you enjoy living in a large home like this? Or, do you prefer something a bit smaller?



You can view additional pics and learn more about this home at the real estate listing, HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment