Wednesday 8 June 2011

Seaside Tablescape: Welcome to the 146th Tablescape Thursday!

Happy Tablescape Thursday! Wow, I've been busy! LOL I've been sending out Pinterest invites like crazy. :) If you don't know what I'm talking about, click HERE to read yesterday's post.

I received so many e-mails and comments on the Pinterest post, I may have missed a few. So, if you requested an invite and didn't get yours, please first check your spam file to see if it's there. If it isn't, e-mail me at betweennapsontheporchatgmaildotcom and let me know you didn't receive yours. Don't forget to include the e-mail address where you would like your invite to be sent. A few folks have forgotten and left that off in some of the e-mails I've received.

Note: Apparently, you need a Facebook account or Twitter account to first sign up. I'll continue to send out invites to anyone who wants one. So far, Pinterest doesn't seem to limit you on how many you can send out.


Tablescape Thursday:

For today's Tablescape Thursday, I've put together a little beach themed table setting out on the porch. I still have beach dreams running through my head after my recent trip to Savannah. :) Hope you enjoy!






I started out placing different types/colors of starfish on the napkins and I scattered lots of shells all around the centerpiece.




I decided it looked a bit too busy and changed all the starfish out to just white ones for the place settings. I also removed a lot of the shells. Do you see the difference between the pic above and the one below?




The gray netting was a tablecloth I used in a Halloween tablescape HERE. For the Halloween tablescape, it was spread out as a creepy, tattered tablecloth. Here it is bunched up to appear more like an old fishing net.










I used a napkin fold called "Double Sails" for this beach-themed table setting. It seemed like the perfect fold for a tablescape with sailboats on the salad plates. You'll find the instructions for this napkin fold under the heading "Napkin Folds" at the top of the blog or just click, HERE.




The centerpiece for this tablescape was inspired by the lighthouse shown on the Warren Kimble "Coastal Breeze" salad plates. I've used these salad plates in a previous tablescape, HERE.




The shape of this lantern made me think of a beautiful lighthouse along a New England coast.






I love the soft muted colors in this table setting. Very restful and definitely beachy. :)






A little candlelight...







You'll find more beach-themed tablescapes HERE, HERE and HERE. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful tablescapes!



Resources:
Dinner Plate: Gibson china from Big Lots, 2 years ago
Salad Plates: Warren Kimble "Coastal Breeze" by Sakura, eBay
Glassware: Shoreline Collection-Home Studio, Kohl's 3-4 years ago
Napkins: Kohls, 3 years ago
Flatware: Tuesday Morning (I think) Forgotten brand name
Centerpiece: Lantern from Old Time Pottery, this season
Shorebirds: Marshalls and HomeGoods
Shells: A few are store-bought and many were collected on Captiva and Sanibel Islands
Gray Fishing Net: Dollar Tree last year
Candles provided by Colonial Candle




Please Read:
If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky.

To use the Tablescape Thursday logo button in your post, just copy and paste it to your computer and upload it to your post as you would any photo. Or, use the html code you'll find under the "Join a Party" heading at the top of this blog.

Please, link back to the party so your regular readers will find all your fellow blogger's tablescapes, too. :)

Please, don't add your post name/blog name in ALL CAPS...it tends to create big spaces between the rows of links. Thanks!

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)


Welcome! Thanks for coming to the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment