Saturday 11 June 2011

4th of July Craft or Party Favor

Yesterday was such a fun Metamorphosis Monday. If you haven't had a chance to visit all the wonderful Before and Afters, just scroll on down, or click HERE.

Little Announcement:
Problem: Some days I have something fun I can't wait to share with you, but often I will have already posted for that day.
Solution: Some days I will post twice in one day.

I will not be posting twice on Metamorphosis Monday or Tablescape Thursday. Those days are our party days and they deserve a full day all to themselves. On the days I do post twice, one post will most likely be short and sweet. You may have noticed I've already been doing this occasionally.

If you subscribe via e-mail, on the days I post twice you will still just get one e-mail and it will contain both posts. I'm not sure how often I'll post twice; it will just depend on when I have something to share that I think you will enjoy.

So, check back occasionally some afternoons and you may find a second post waiting for you. :) If you follow BNOTP on Facebook or Twitter, that's a quick way to know if another post has gone up.


A Flag Day and 4th of July Inspired Craft:
Today is Flag Day! With today being Flag Day and the 4th of July just a few weeks away, I thought I'd share a fun little craft/party favor you could create to use as a centerpiece for your 4th of July table or as a gift for your friends.

If you are a regular reader of BNOTP, you may remember when I created this milkshake/sundae centerpiece for THIS Valentine's Day tablescape.





The milkshake/sundae was actually made of small candy bars and the "cherry" on top was a truffle. (You'll find all the directions for creating this fun sundae in THIS post.) They make great gifts, party favors or can be used as a decorative piece on a table.




Recently, I was shopping in Hobby Lobby and they had yummy buttermint creams in little patriotic wrappers.



I couldn't resist. I think you know where this is going. :)




Ta-da! :) So much fun to make...and soooo easy!




I just popped the styrofoam ball off, emptied out the candy bars, refilled the parfait glass with buttermint creams...




And recreated the sundae following the directions you'll find HERE to make this fun patriotic sundae. Instead of a truffle for the top, this time I used a bright red star, also found at Hobby Lobby. The star was on a long metal stick. I used wire-cutters to snip off some of the stick to shorten it a bit, then I just stuck it on top of my patriotic sundae. The "whipped topping" is just fluffy tulle fabric.




You can make it even more "4th of July" festive by poking a small flag into the straw protruding from the top. You'll find all the directions for making this super easy craft in this post HERE. Just substitute any candy wrapped in a patriotic wrapper for the candy bars I used last time. If you like, instead of a truffle, top your sundae off with a brightly colored star and/or flag. I used one bag of mints to create this sundae and had around 5-6 left over.




All 4th of July "stuff" is 30% off this week at Hobby Lobby but I'm not sure if that includes the candy. I also saw candy in patriotic wrappers in a local Party City store. Have fun creating this easy sundae. (Direction can be found HERE.)

No comments:

Post a Comment