Sunday 12 June 2011

A Visit from Miss Mustard Seed: Welcome to the 125th Metamorphosis Monday!

Welcome to another awesome Metamorphosis Monday! How was your weekend? Was it a productive one or more along the lines of laid-back and relaxed? Mine was a little bit of both. I've been working on a few things around here that I'll be sharing real soon.

For this week's Met Monday, I am so excited to share a guest post from a wonderfully talented and creative lady and blogger. Marian, alias Miss Mustard Seed, has been wowing all of Blogland for some time now with her beautiful "Before and Afters." If you aren't already familiar with her talent for taking the ordinary and making it extraordinary, prepare to be delighted!


A huge Welcome to Miss Mustard Seed!

When Susan graciously asked me to write a guest post for Metamorphosis Monday, I was so honored. I had this party on my google calendar and attended it faithfully when I was growing my fledgling blog. It's an awesome party and is still going strong each week. Well, what would be more appropriate to share on Met Monday than a few of my before and afters?

This what my living room looked like in December. All of the key pieces were in place, but it looked heavy and I was getting a little carried away with the accessories.


Here's what it looks like now...


I bought this chair off of Craig's List a few weeks ago...


...and transformed it to this.


A yard sale dresser with good bones was taken from this...


...to this. A graphic Union Jack pattern on the front makes this a bold statement piece for only the cost of paint.


Another Craig's List find before I got my hands on it...


...and after.


Make sure you stick around for the party to feed your before and after fix! If you crave more, you can visit the Before and After category on my blog.

Thanks, Susan for inviting me here tonight!



Marian, thanks so much for sharing just a few of your past transformations. The Union Jack chest steals my heart every time I see it!

I love the way Marian decorates/styles her furniture once it's completed. The decorative pieces she chooses to display look as if they have always been there! Perfection!

You'll find lots more inspiration for your future "Before and Afters" at Marian's blog, Miss Mustard Seed. I can't wait to see what you've been up to this week!

Pssst: I can wait to share a new addition I made this weekend to the home office with you. If you are new to reading BNOTP, you'll find the full renovation of my home office in THIS post.


Metamorphosis Monday:
If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday you will need to link up the permalink to your MM post and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top of your blog, into the "url" box for InLinkz.

If you'd like to include the MM button in your post, just copy and paste the Met Monday button to your computer or grab the html code from underneath the MM logo under the "Join a Blog Party" header at the top of this blog.

In order to link up, you'll need to include a link in your MM post back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch so your regular readers will be able to find the Met Monday party which ensures your friends and fellow bloggers will receive lots of visits, too. Isn't that what a party is all about? :)

PLEASE DO NOT type in all caps...it spreads the links waaaay out. Thanks! :-)

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)


Welcome! Thanks for coming to the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment