Tuesday 8 March 2011

Sleeping with a Mouse

Before my recent office move, my blogging headquarters used to be in the dressing room that's just off the master bedroom. Max kitty, my furry shadow, used to lie in my lap whenever he could squeeze his way in. Can I tell you--it's not easy blogging with a 15 lb cat in your lap. :)

So, normally I would pull the bench you see in front of the dresser over beside my chair and he would happily curl up with one paw resting on my leg while I worked.





Recently, when I moved my office to my son's old room, there really wasn't a great spot for a bench. (This pic was taken before the wallpaper was removed.)




Max wasn't satisfied with lying in the chair (not visible) that is behind me in this room...it was too far away for his liking. So I came up with the idea of letting him lie on the desk extension to the right. I sort of have plans for that spot but it won't be used on a regular basis. And, to be honest, Max is more important. Plus, he really enjoys the sunshine streaming in during the day. Okay, you can't tell me you don't spoil your furry family members just a little. :)




Max loves helping out around the office.




He does a great job of keeping all the wayward pencils rounded up.










And every now and then, he manages to sneak his way down the desk to remind me it's time to take a little break from blogging.



















Here's to more spontaneous nap attacks! :) Do you have a furry family member who keeps you company when you're blogging or reading blogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment