Tuesday 22 March 2011

Candlelier Silhouetted Against a Blue Hour Sky

From time to time I've shared this deck that's located to the left of the screened-in porch. This deck area is underneath a pergola and has a large candlelier hanging above. I really love this outdoor fixture. I bought it right after I added the porch and decks HERE a few years ago. It came from a store (Smith & Hawken) that has unfortunately gone out of business. You can still buy some of their products in Target.




I had a mischievous raccoon break one of the glass globes. :( You can read about that HERE.)

This picture was taken during that magical and somewhat elusive time, the "blue hour."





Recently, I received some wonderful photos from Debbie, a reader of BNOTP. I LOVE it when you share your wonderful photos! Debbie was inspired by the pics of my candlelier. In her e-mail she wrote: "You were a real inspiration in this acquisition! We didn’t have any fixture hanging over our porch table for the years before, but I started reading your blog and saw how homey your porch looked. I really wanted the Smith & Hawken candlelier like yours, but sadly they had gone out of business and someone else beat me to the sale-of-one-floor-sample."





Debbie said, "Shortly after that, we found this one hanging in a store on a trip to Ohio’s Amish Country. ( I don’t remember the name of the store)It was the only one they had and it had an aluminum-like finish. I painted it a similar color to that of our porch walls and voila!"





Debbie took her photos during the blue hour and WOW, her lantern looks stunning against the blue hour sky.





Absolutely beautiful! Debbie, thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous lantern and wonderful blue hour photos. If you here from Layla's "How To" party and you would like to know more about the blue hour and when it "happens" in your area of the world, you'll find exact directions in this post, HERE.




I'm joining in Layla's "How To" Party today with this post. Just click on the link above to read all about the art of taking photos during the "Blue Hour."

No comments:

Post a Comment