Sunday 20 March 2011

Repairing Damaged Walls from Wallpaper Removal

While we continue enjoying all the wonderful links for yesterday's Met Monday, I thought I would share some of the progress I made in the office, today. In case you are new to BNOTP, for the last couple of months I've been converting my son's old bedroom into a home office. You can see the Before HERE and HERE.


I covered everything up.




I put "you-know-who" on the screened-in porch so he wouldn't be breathing in all the sanding I'd be doing. He wasn't too thrilled about Mom staying inside while he was out, but he eventually found a big puddle of sunshine and took a nice nap. Whenever I let him stay inside while I try to sand the walls in the office, he scrapes at the office door until he pushes it open. The latch on the office door isn't catching quite right so he can worm his way in with just a little effort. It was nice and warm out today so he was fine on the porch.




I sanded all the walls to remove any last little bits of wallpaper and/or glue. Then I grabbed this stuff...




And got to work on all the damaged areas that occurred during the removal of the wallpaper. I have polka-dotted walls right now.




I had to move all the furniture to the center of the room, so here's how it's positioned for now. Tomorrow I'll put Mr. Max back on the porch again and I'll get busy sanding all those polka dots.




Then it will be time to prime all the walls, including the mural that I've been dreading painting over. Maybe it won't be as painful as I have feared it will be. I will just have to keep envisioning the room all finished. Right? (Sniff, sniff.)




In the meantime, all is right with the world again. Zzzzzzz



I'm linking this post to Nester's Take a Risk party since repairing these walls by myself is a challenge since I've never attempted this before. :) Thanks Nester for hosting this party!

No comments:

Post a Comment