Wednesday 23 March 2011

Debutante Camellias in a Springtime Tablescape: Welcome to the 135th TablescapeThursday!

It was such a gorgeous day here...70's and breezy.




I decided to set this week's tablescape in the breakfast room.




My camellia bush has almost finished blooming. Amazingly the blooms are much deeper and richer in color now than they were a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it's the warm weather we've been having for the past two weeks. I couldn't resist putting together one more table setting with these Debutante camellias before they are all gone for another year.




So come right over here and have a seat. We're celebrating this gorgeous spring day with a springtime table setting.







This started out in my head as a breakfast table...hence, the cereal bowl. But some how I think it kind of morphed into a brunch/lunch when I brought out these vintage ruby flash glasses. We'll just call the cereal bowl a fruit bowl, instead.




I came across these cute dragonfly napkin rings last summer and was disappointed to discover Pier 1 only had two. They even checked their other stores for me and there were none to be found. I bought the two they had thinking at least I could use them for "dinner for two."




I was so surprised when I stopped by Pier 1 this past winter and they had gotten bunches more in.




When I was there a few weeks ago buying the chair you can see HERE for my Pottery Barn office transformation, they still had some left. Just sayin' in case they steal your heart like they did mine. :) I know, I'm a terrible enabler...I admit it. ;)




Cereal/fruit bowl is "Melina" by Villeroy and Boch and it's one of the china patterns I use as my everyday china.




Cabbage salad plates (or they could be our dinner plate) are Bordallo Pinheiro. Found these at HomeGoods and Ross.




The dinner plate (or we could use it as a charger for this place setting) is "Butler's Pantry Gourmet" by Lenox.




Flatware is from HomeGoods.




To create my centerpiece, I used two pedestals, one flat and one bowl shaped.




Camellias are "Debutante" and are from my garden.




I couldn't resist sharing lots of pics of these pretties...they were just so beautiful today.







They are a much deeper pink today than they were in THIS post. It has to be the warmer weather we've been having.



A birds-eye view...




Thanks for stopping by for our brunch.




Looking forward to viewing your beautiful tablescapes!



Resources:
Dinner Plate: Lenox, Butler's Pantry, Gourmet, 2-3 years ago
Salad Plate: Bordallo Pinheiro, two years ago
Bowl: Villeroy and Boch, Melina, 20+ years ago
Stemware: Vintage, found antiquing
Flatware: HomeGoods
Beaded Dragonfly Napkin Rings: Pier 1, a few months ago
Flowers: From the garden




Please Read:
If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name. Then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky. You'll also need to put your e-mail address in, but don't worry, it will not be visible to anyone.

If you'd like to use the Tablescape Thursday logo button in your post, just copy and paste it to your computer and upload it to your post as you would any photo. Or, just grab the html code you'll find under the "Join a Party" heading at the top of this blog.

Please, link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday, thus increasing visits for all participants.

Please, don't add your post name/blog name in ALL CAPS...it tends to create big spaces between the rows of links. Thanks!

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)


Little Reminder: Thank-you for linking back to this post so the regular visitors to your blog will find all your fellow Blogger's posts linked here for this Tablescape Thursday. Don't forget to use your permalink. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment