Sunday 20 March 2011

Spring Sprucing on the Porch: Welcome to the 113th Metamorphosis Monday!

Hi Everyone! Hope your weekend was fabulous! I had plans to start working on the walls in the office, sanding and patching, sanding and more patching. But Mr. Max had other plans. I couldn't get him to abandon his perch on the desk and I don't think sanding while he's in the room would be such a great idea. Tomorrow, I'll try again and I may have to just lock him out of the room, which he isn't going to like.




So I spent the day doing a little spring fluffing on the porch. It was time to say goodbye to the fall pillows on the swing.




Time to bring out the spring pillows. These are beginning to look a little faded after three summers on the porch but I sort of like their faded, "I've-been-loved-and-used-for-years" look.




The next thing that caught my eye was the fall basket on the door.




Yep, definitely time to do something different on the door. The hutch was spruced up a few weeks ago, HERE.




This was the fall look...




And here's the spring look.





These are my daisies from last year. I may do something different this year, but they will do for now.




I never took the sheers down from last summer.



So they are up and ready for those much anticipated summer breezes.




I've been asked how the sheers are hung here on the porch. (Tablescape can be viewed HERE.)




It was super easy. I just purchased the sheers and wood rods from Walmart. I didn't use metal because I was worried they might rust in the humidity. The rods just rest down into the brackets that came with the rods. I pre-drilled the holes into the wood before mounting the brackets for the curtains. That made installation of the brackets very easy.




Here's how the porch looks without the sheers...just isn't quite the same, is it? (Tablescape can be viewed, HERE.)




And here's the porch with sheers. Much better, I think.

If you have a screened-in porch, a lanai or any kind or porch, consider hanging some sheers. The cost for all the sheers and rods for all 5 windows on the porch was right at $100. Three years later, they still look as nice as the day I bought them, so they have really held up well. I never have any problems with mildew or mold appearing on the sheers because they are polyester and dry within minutes after it rains. (Tablescape can be viewed HERE.)




I've only had to take them down to wash them once in three years and that was just because I figured they needed it after their 2nd year on the porch. They add so much to the enjoyment of the porch. It is wonderfully soothing to sit out here on the porch and watch them swaying in and out from either natural breezes or the breezes created by the fans overhead.



Are you starting to do a little spring sprucing around your home? I'm looking forward to viewing your Before and Afters for this Met Monday!



Metamorphosis Monday:
If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday: Please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky. You'll also need to put your e-mail address in, but don't worry, it will not be visible to anyone.

If you'd like to include the MM button in your post, just copy and paste the Met Monday button to your computer or grab the html code from underneath the MM logo under the "Join a Blog Party" header at the top of this blog.

Please include a link in your MM post back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. Why is this important? When you include a link back to BNOTP, it ensures your regular readers/visitors will find the other awesome "Before and Afters" linked for this Metamorphosis Monday. If everyone links back, this maximizes the visits for all participants.

Please DO NOT type in all caps...it spreads the links way out. Thanks!

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)


Little Reminder: Thank-you for linking back to this post so the regular visitors to your blog will find all your fellow Blogger's posts linked here for this Met Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment