Friday 4 March 2011

Beautiful Camellias

My camellia bush was positively covered in buds before the week-long winter storm hit in January. It made me sad to see them all ruined. This past week we had some warmer than normal temps and once again the camellia is covered in buds...some just beginning to open.





Camellias look as if they should have a scent, but they do not...or at least the camellias I've seen do not. They come in quite an array of colors...all beautiful. Mine are a really dainty, sweet pink.







I cut some to bring inside. I placed them in a bowl, allowing them to float atop the water.




Growing up in the south, this is the way I always saw camellias displayed once they were cut and brought inside.




I placed them here in the entry so I could see them today each time I passed by...




If you grow camellias in your garden/yard, what's your favorite way to display this wonderful flower once you bring it inside? Do you put them in a vase like I did HERE in my bedroom post, or do you prefer to float them in a bowl as I did today?

No comments:

Post a Comment