Wednesday 17 June 2009

Tablescape for the 4th of July! Happy Independence Day! Welcome to the 43rd Tablescape Thursday!

Independence Day is just around the corner...what better way to celebrate this Tablescape Thursday than a celebration in red, white and blue! I've been working on a patriotic themed tablescape in my head for weeks now...couldn't quite pull it together in time for Memorial Day. But, there was no way I was letting the 4th of July get by without celebrating the Red, White and Blue!



The porch is the perfect spot for a celebration...especially the kind that involves cooking on the grill...






For this tablescape I used the bowls from the "Gollum" china...the red plates were purchased last summer at Home Goods. My everyday china, Blue Willow, provided the blue needed for this patriotic table setting. Big Secret...word has it that the Gollum China (Gibson white china) is on sale now for only $19.99 a box (6 place settings) at Big Lots.



When I'm out shopping, I'm always thinking "tablescape." I spied these adorable, little chair candle holders and an idea popped right into my head.



Come a bit closer...yep, look just like cupcake holders to me.


Here's the blue version....


Dessert is served!


The napkins are hand towels from Dollar Tree...six napkins for $6.


Cupcake holders are from Old Time Pottery.






Celebrating the fourth with sprinkles...lots and lots of red, white and blue sprinkles!



Looking in from the deck...



Every table needs a bit of whimsy.





You may recognize this antique graniteware pitcher filled with daisies...it's usually on the trunk/coffee table in the upstairs family room. Often, we already have just what we need for our tablescapes...just look for the things you already have and love. I really like the pop of the yellow daisies...the only other color in our patriotic themed tablescape!



Last year our whole neighborhood celebrated by lining the streets with flags when a neighbor's son returned home from Iraq.



As I used them again for this centerpiece, my heart was flooded with the memories of that day.



A few days later, I heard a knock on my door and a tall, handsome, young man gave me a big hug, thanking me for my small part in his welcome home. Can you imagine...he was thanking me?! There aren't enough words or deeds to thank him for his service.



God Bless ALL our service men and their families, here and abroad! We LOVE and appreciate each and every single one of you!







If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Please copy and paste the Tablescape Thursday logo button to your computer. Then you can upload it to your side bar and use it in your tablescape post so your visitors will know you are participating.

Please link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday.

Please do not add your link below, until your tablescape post is actually published to your blog.

The following beautiful Blogs have lovely tablescapes awaiting your visit:


No comments:

Post a Comment