Friday 19 June 2009

Tablescaping in Blue and White

I don't know what it is about a crisp, white, linen tablecloth and napkins...but I love 'em, especially with a blue and white tablescape.


Magnolias and wisteria...romantic and ooooh, so Southern! :-)

A couple of years ago, I begin to collect salt cellars to use in my table settings. It just seems like such a simple, yet wonderful way to spoil your dinner guest. It eliminates having to pass around a salt shaker and your guest will be able to salt their food to their individual taste.

Zipper cut, crystal salt cellars paired with salt spoons in the same pattern as the sterling...

And just to spoil my guest (and family) a little bit more, I'm using a special salt that melts easily when sprinkled over food.

This particular brand is highly rated and reasonably priced. Click on this article to see the names and ratings for many gourmet salts.

This french salt, Fleur de Sel, is another great salt to use. I had trouble locating it locally, but it's readily available online.

I liked pairing the crystal goblets with the crystal salt cellars in this tablescape.

Cloches are so versatile...so many fun ways to use them in tablescapes and vignettes!

This cloche came from a antique shoppe near my home. It's really nice and large so it worked well as a centerpiece in this tablescape.

I bought these cute, ceramic blue and white balls a couple of years ago to use as a decorative accent in my upstairs family room. I recently found out, they are actually called carpet balls and were often used in parlor games back in Victorian Days.

Every tablescape needs a little candlelight! Colonial Candle is my favorite source for beautiful candles and candle accessories.

Years ago I purchased a coffee type drink that came in these cobalt blue bottles. I thought the bottles were too pretty to throw away. So, I just kept saving them...having no idea how I might use them one day. I love how they look mixed in with this blue and white table setting.



I love using a sugar scuttle instead of a regular sugar bowl. You can find them for very reasonable prices on eBay. When you have a large party, they are great to put out where you have your coffee available for your guest.
Some times I fill the scuttle with sugar cubes and use little silver tongs instead of the scoop...

Blue and White...it will always be one of my very favorite combinations! :-)

Information about items used in the tablescape above: China is Churchill, Blue Willow, Crystal is Waterford, pattern Araglin, Sterling is Towle, King Richard. Chargers came from Neiman Marcus, online about a year ago...Horchow had them, too. I've had the napkin rings for years but apparently they still make them because I saw them in a Macy's about two weeks ago. Found the crystal salt cellars on eBay.

Don't forget to stop by A Stroll Thru Life to see all the wonderful uses for your cloche and Happy to Design on Sunday for some great posts you may have missed the first time around. Thanks, Marty, for our first ever cloche party! And, Chari, thank-you for hosting our favorite Sunday event each week!

Have a wonderful weekend...see you here on Sunday eve for Metamorphosis Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment