Tuesday 30 November 2010

Southern Living Idea House, Kitchen and Dining Room Tour

Sooo many great Before and Afters linked for yesterday's Met Monday. After you finish reading this post, you'll want to scroll on down to check out all the links! :) Thanks to everyone who linked up yesterday. You are what make MM such a fun party each week!


Southern Living Idea House in Senoia Georgia:

A few weeks ago, I toured the Southern Living Idea House in Senoia, Georgia. I took quite a few pics...too many to share in one post, so I'm just sharing a few more each week.


The photos in this posts that are small are from Southern Living Online.




All of the larger pics are photos I took while on the tour. This pic below from SL online is the view standing in the kitchen and looking into a room/butler's pantry at the end of the kitchen.




Here's one side of the pantry... It's interesting seeing the subway tile combined with stained cabinetry. You so often see it with white cabinets... The refrigerator and dishwasher were in here...interesting, huh?




And the other side of this room/pantry... Note the rolling pin collection...




Isn't it fun how you can take the simplest thing and turn it into some cool wall decor. :)




Speaking of wall decor...back out in the kitchen this preserved boxwood decoration hung over the stove.




I'm really into preserved boxwood, though I don't have any in my home. It looks real, is real and lasts a long time!




What do you think about the horsey head above the stove? I can't decide if I like it or not. :) Don't worry...it isn't stuffed or real. That would be a bit Godfather like, wouldn't it? HA! What a unique light fixture! Wish these pics would enlarge...but they won't...I tried.




The tablescape below was on the kitchen table the day we took the tour. Sorry about the angles of some of the pics. The house was literally crawling with folks EVERYWHERE. It made it very difficult to get full views of rooms. That's why so many of the pics you'll see today are close-ups except the smaller pics that I'm pulling from Southern Living, online. I do love this table centerpiece! The natural mantel dressings and tablescape centerpieces were really stunning throughout the home!




The Dining Room...




A little tablescape on the dining room table...




China is Lenox, Holiday...



I'd never been on a Southern Living Idea House tour...but I'm hooked now. If you ever get a chance to go on one...I do recommend it! You can see some of the other posts I've done about this home HERE and HERE. I'll be sharing more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment