Tuesday 16 November 2010

Gorgeous Christmas Mantel...Can You Name All the Greenery Used to Create This Lush Mantel Dressing?

Recently a friend and I toured the Southern Living Idea House in Senoia, Georgia. Senoia is a very small town about an hours drive from Atlanta.

We were allowed to take pics inside since the home had already been published. :) I took a bunch of pics but I wasn't able to get full views of many rooms because there were always a gazillion people around.

I have too many pics to share them all in one post but today I wanted to show some views of the keeping room and some close up shots of the mantel. I'm hoping you will be able to help me figure out what was used to create this amazingly lush mantel dressing.

The pic of the Keeping Room below is from Southern Living online and was obviously taken prior to the decorating that was done for Christmas. See how narrow that mantel looks...wait until you see it decorated for Christmas!




The following pics were taken on the tour. This is the Christmas tree in the keeping room.




Wow...check out this mantel! Do you think they added a board or something on top of the mantel? How else could they have gotten all of this gorgeous greenery to fit on that narrow little mantel? Keep this in mind if you have a skinny mantel. It's obviously possible to have a lush, full mantel dressing even if your mantel is a bit on the narrow side. :)




I think it may be a bit beyond it's prime...but it's still beautiful! Can you just imagine what it looked like when it was fresh?!


Okay, let's dissect this thing. I definitely see some magnolia leaves...maybe a little Leyland cypress or cedar...not sure which.


Do you think those wide green leaves that are curled around are corn stalk leaves? They almost look like ribbon the way they are done. I don't know what the reddish dried blooms are...or the white thingies. Maybe the long white things are wheat? I really need to get out more, don't I? ;)







I think I see a bit of Georgia pine...




What are these wonderful berries? Sorry about the blurry pic...I need to invest in a macro lens for my camera. I hope Santa reads this blog. ;) So, what do you think? Please leave a comment naming all the plants you can identify. I'd really love to know how this gorgeous mantel dressing was created. I would love to see a tutorial on how a mantel dressing like this is made. I love how lush it is...just beautiful and all from nature's bounty.

No comments:

Post a Comment