Wednesday 24 November 2010

A Tablescape of Thanksgiving! Welcome to the 118th Tablescape Thursday!

This post is dedicated to you...the readers of BNOTP. I was so touched by all the expressions of thanksgiving you left on Mikasa's Facebook wall, I decided to let you write today's Thanksgiving post.





I am thankful for each day with my husband of 42 years, time spent with our children and 6 grandchildren. As well as my Mom who will be 89 this year.
We are so blessed each & every day Happy Thanksgiving to all. ~Pat~




So thankful for my continued good health as a "C" survivor for 3 years and thankful that my son has completed his middle east tour of duty and is now stationed in the United States . Let's all pray for our servicemen who will not be able to be with their loved ones this Thanksgiving. ~Julie~




We are grateful beyond words this year that our son-in-law and father of our precious little grandchildren, who has been fighting Stage 4 Lymphoma, is now doing very well. He just has another year of chemotherapy but his Physicians are very optimistic. ~Janine~




I am thankful for my two grandchildren. Their dad will have to go back to Iraq next spring for another year and I am praying that he returns safely home to these precious children. Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow posters. ~Faye~




I'm very thankful for a good health, family and employment. I am also thankful for the opportunities that have opened up for me. ~Jackie~




I am thankful for my family, who give my life joy and meaning, every day; and for friends, who are like family, in many ways! ~Janet~




Last December 18 our family lost our home and all the contents to a house fire....years of collecting and memories. While most people would think that we lost everything..we didn't because we have a stronger, more bonded loving family. I am thankful God has blessed me with wonderful friends and family. The support from family and friends this year has been amazing! I am blessed. ~Denise~




I am thankful for my family, God's faithfulness in providing for our family every day, and for His salvation and loving kindness. ~Krysten~




I am so very thankful, especially this year as I am spending Thanksgiving with my wonderful parents. Their health is declining,so every minute I spend with them is a true Blessing. Thank you dear God for everything. ~Sonny~




I am thankful for family, friends, a wonderful forecast of 70 degree temp on Thanksgiving Day and for the continuing recovery of my son in law, a policeman who was injured in the line of duty one year ago today! One year ago we ate our Thanksgiving Dinner in his hospital room- this year our dining room!! ~Terry~




I am thankful for my amazing boyfriend and two dogs. Without them I wouldn't have made it through the past two years battling Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. They are my reason for living. ~Kris~




I am thankful to be planning weddings for both of my daughters-which will take place in the first six months of 2011. Our family suffered great losses in 2010, and we are all looking forward to celebrating these joyful events. ~Carol~




I am thankful for family gatherings to be able to reconnect with everyone because we are all so busy these days, but being able to take time to share a meal with family refreshes my soul! ~Barbara~




I am thankful for my family, and for my special ed children that I transport to school,they are a joy every day not just Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all the men and women in our armed forces and that God is in our lives, looking after us. ~Ann~




I am thankful for the opportunity to live in a free country. I am thankful that in this free country we celebrate a day of Thanksgiving to remember and feel grateful for all our many blessings. I'm thankful that there are men and women who have put themselves in harms way to protect our freedoms. And last but not least I am thankful for my husband and children as well as the very large extended family I am blessed to be part of. ~Cathy~




I am grateful for our Military because of their bravery - we are able to walk free. I am expecially thankful and proud of my son, Michael - who is serving his country in Afghanistan. Happy Thanksgiving, baby boy - we love and miss you!!! ~Patrice~




I have so very much to be thankful for. God has blessed me with a loving family, home and many extras! :) Our biggest blessing this Thanksgiving is our 1st grand baby will be spending her first Thanksgiving with us! Blessed memories will be made. ~Shelia~




I was out of work for over 9 months after being laid off. This year was very tough, but a period of tremendous personal growth. I am so thankful for my new job; my family, and my church and their support. I am so so thankful for what I have. ~Tracey~




I'm thankful that we have made it through a really tough year (house flood and a baby in the NICU). I am thankful that God pulled us through with His unfailing grace. ~Corinn~




I'm most grateful for my wonderful expanding family and most especially for my fantastic son of whom we are all very proud. He joined the army when he was just 17 and now ten years later, he is a sargeant and serving in Iraq! We are so very proud of him and grateful to all those who serve our country in such a selfless and brave way. God bless to all our service members, both on foreign soil, and here in the USA! We love and appreciate each one of you! ~Marlon~




I.....AM.....THANKFUL! There are many material things that make our lives comfortable and though I am thankful for them all, I am most thankful for the gift of love. Love allows me to reach beyond petty things and embrace those who are sometimes unlovable. And of course, even larger, love allows me to receive love an...d forgiveness when I'm rude angry or bitter. Love conquers all and makes my heart soar when I gather around the table with those near and dear to me. I'm simply amazed and thankful that so much love can even be shared with those we've never met via blogs, facebook and other wonderful sites. ~Donna~




I am thankful for the simple things in life.. for instances when your family wipes their feet when entering the house after you have spent all day cleaning! or the chickadees singing at the bird feeder in the morning. ~Joy~




This is my very first Thanksgiving on my own. Moved across the country this year and will be away from family. Even though I miss them I am sure grateful to be lucky enough to take on this adventure. ~Ellie~




I am thankful to God for beating metastatic melanoma cancer this year. Found a lump under my arm and found out it was cancerous. Had 7 months of chemo and surgery and 30 days of extensive radiation treatments. I am currently cancer-free and SO thankful to be alive and thankful for everyone who prayed for me! ~Faith~




I am thankful for my family and our health. Our son is deployed and I will miss him and our sweet daughter in law this holiday season. Keep our military families in your prayers. ~Anita~




This year my family and I are so very blessed and thankful that are all together for the first time in 20 years! If If ever I had to give the meaning of "Thanksgiving" I would say this is it,family love and great cooking! ~Terry~




I am thankful for my wonderful husband of 24 years and my two daughters. I have been truly blessed! Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving! ~Pam~




I am thankful for the bounty God has bestowed on us and as we share it around the table there will be laughing and talking and the making of another beautiful memory! ~Rebekah~




Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Resources:
Chargers: Neiman Marcus years ago
Dinnerware: Spode, Woodland-3 years ago; Turkey Salad plates, Spode, Woodland-this year
Turkey Tureens: Old Time Pottery, 1 year ago
Crystal: Waterford: Iced Beverage-Araglin; Crimson Hock Goblets-Lismore, 3-4 years ago
Napkin Sheaths: Pier 1, this year
Plaid Napkins under napkin sheaths: HomeGoods, 1 year ago
Napkin Rings: Pier 1, 1 year ago
Duck Knife Rests: eBay 1-2 years ago
Antler Flatware: eBay recently
Stainless Flatware: Spode, Woodland, 2-3 years ago
Ruby Flash Salt Cellars: eBay, 3-4 years ago
Red Candle Holders: Hobby, Lobby 3 years ago
Small Votive Holders: Kohl's, 3 years ago
Candles: Colonial Candle
Glitter Pine Cone Placecard Holders: Walmart, 1 year ago
Deer: Lowe's, this year
Nandina and Cypress: from my yard and inside a soup tureen from Cracker Barrel




Please Read:
If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name. Then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky. You'll also need to put your e-mail address in, but don't worry, it will not be visible to anyone.

You may see a red X once you enter your link. No one else can see the red X, it's just there in case you make a little mistake and need to delete your link and re-enter it.

I'd love for you to use the Tablescape Thursday logo button in your post. To do that, just copy and paste it to your computer and upload it to your post as you would any photo. Or, just grab the html code posted on the sidebar under the TT button.

Please, link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday, thus increasing visits for all participants.

Please, do not add your link below, until your tablescape post is actually published to your blog.

Please, don't add your post name/blog name in ALL CAPS...it tends to create big spaces between the rows of links. Thanks!

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)


Little Reminder: Thank-you for linking back to this post so the regular visitors to your blog will find all your fellow Blogger's posts linked here for this Tablescape Thursday. Don't forget to use your permalink. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment