Sunday 28 November 2010

Hunt-Themed Christmas Mantel! Welcome to the 97th Metamorphosis Monday!

Deck the Halls Linky Party:
Hi Everyone! Hope you've had a wonderful weekend! A little reminder...We have a linky party coming up next Monday, December 6th. Since Metamorphosis Monday is all about Before and Afters, that seemed the perfect day to share our homes transformed for the holiday season.

Your home doesn't need to be fully decorated for Christmas in order to participate. You could share something as simple as your mantel decorated...or a little tabletop vignette. Or, give us a tour of the whole house. You know we love house tours! :)

Between Naps On The Porch

Please mark your calendar for our "Deck the Halls" party on Monday, December 6th. InLinkz will go up by 9:00 PM the Sunday evening before, so come on by and link up your beautiful holiday decor!


Mikasa Give-a-Way:

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Mikasa Give-a-Way recently. There were 346 entries submitted for the giveaway which includes, 8 place settings of beautiful Italian Countryside, along with 8 holiday accent plates. If you didn't win this time, take heart...there will be more giveaways in the future.


The winner, selected by Random Number Generator is:


Tyla, who blogs at Tire Swings and Fireflies. Congrats Tyla! Please e-mail your address to me at betweennapsontheporchatgmail.com and I'll forward your info on to the great folks at Mikasa. A BIG thanks to Mikasa for sponsoring this awesome Give-a-Way!


Metamorphosis Monday:



Christmastime is such an easy time to find a Before and After to post with all the holiday decorating we have going on in our homes. This week I'm sharing some changes I made to my mantel in the family room today.

Here's a Before pic I took earlier today:




I usually wait and decorate the mantel a bit closer to Christmas using scraps from a local tree lot since I now have artificial trees. Below you'll see a pic of how my mantel looked last Christmas. I just decorated around the books and mantel clock that are on the mantel year around.  Last year I used Christmas tree scraps, nandina berries from my yard, pine cones and a few gold ornaments. The wreath is one I bought about 15 years ago and continue to use each year. I love how the two "hunt" horns tucked down inside of it have aged over the years.  They have a nice patina now.

Christmas 2009:




I decided this year to do something a little different. I took my inspiration from last week's "wildlife/hunt themed" Thanksgiving tablescape .




Instead of using Christmas tree scraps for my greenery, I cut a branch off the magnolia in my front yard. I've been needing to cut this branch for some time because it sticks way out into the driveway making it hard to get by.




When I finished, this was all I had left...




And here's the After: A Hunt-Themed Holiday Mantel




I left the clock on the mantel since I would miss it if it were gone. :)




We're going to pretend like the horns in the wreath are hunting horns. ;) There are two...one at the top and one at the bottom.













Deer from last week's Thanksgiving Tablescape... nandina berries are from my yard...




Added a few of the glitter pine cones from last week's tablescape...










A few weeks ago, a friend and I toured the Southern Living Idea House in Senoia, Georgia. On the way back home, we made a u-turn to head back to an antique shoppe we zipped right by. I found these little fox hunt guys there and couldn't resist bringing them home. Had no idea what I'd do with them when I bought them...




I know these guys look like bears, but they are actually foxes. :) That Mr. Fox's furry little tail across the top of the clock.










So, that's my mantel for this year. :)

I'm linking this post to The Lettered Cottage for her Holiday Home Mantel Party that begins on Tuesday. Be sure to visit Layla to see lots of beautiful mantels.
Also linking to Hooked on Holiday House Tours at Hooked on Houses. Thanks, Julia!
Looking forward to seeing your Before and Afters!


Metamorphosis Monday:
If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday: Please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky. You'll also need to put your e-mail address in, but don't worry, it will not be visible to anyone.

I'd love it if you would include the MM button in your post, to make it easy for others to find you MM post. To do that, just copy and paste the Met Monday button to your computer or grab the html code from underneath the MM logo on my sidebar.

Please include a link in your MM post back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. Why is this important? When you include a link back to BNOTP, it ensures your regular readers/visitors will find the other awesome "Before and Afters" linked for this Metamorphosis Monday. If everyone links back, this maximizes the visits for all participants.

Please do not add your link below, until your MM post is actually published to your blog. Please DO NOT type in all caps...it spreads the links waaaay out. Thanks! :-)

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment