Friday 19 November 2010

Christmas Holiday Centerpiece You Can Make in 15 Minutes

Wow! You guys are amazing! Yesterday, I started reading all the "thankful" thoughts you have shared on Mikasa's Facebook Wall and I couldn't stop. I am so very blessed to have you visiting here at BNOTP. I am thankful for YOU today and everyday. Thank you for sharing your friendship, ideas and inspiration!

I can't wait for Thanksgiving but I must admit, my mind has been spinning with all the excitement of decorating for Christmas. I'll be starting my own decorating around here this weekend. Can't wait! :)


Beautiful Christmas Centerpiece or Table Decoration, Ready in 15 Minutes:

To get you in the mood for a little holiday decorating, I'm sharing a super easy and inexpensive decorating idea. In fact, this is so simple and easy to do, you could create it the day of your holiday party or family gathering in just 15 minutes using a few items available at the grocery store and from your yard. Ya gotta love that! :)



To make this table decoration or centerpiece, you'll need a glass container or vase, some small oranges, small green apples, red berries and a little greenery.


You can use tangerines instead of regular oranges. That's what I did since they were a deeper orange color. Also, you can substitute limes for the green apples, if you like...or use cranberries instead of berries from the yard. My nandina had very few berries this year...not sure why. I had just barely enough to create the arrangement.




For greenery, if you put up a fresh tree each year, save the scraps that you cut off from the bottom. Or, ask for extra scraps when you are purchasing your tree. If you have artificial trees (like I do now) visit one of the places that sells the fresh trees and ask for their scraps. They are always happy to share since the scraps are just going to get mulched or burned up anyway.




I'm sharing this now so you'll have to time to plan in case you'd like to make it. Since tree scraps aren't readily available yet, I just cut a little greenery from my Leyland Cypresses to use in the top.



This arrangement doesn't have water inside, so your greenery may only last 2-3 days. It is best put together the morning you wish to use it. It's super fast and easy and only took me 15 minutes.

I used a glass container I already had. It measures approximately 7 inches wide and 14 inches tall. I used 9 small green apples, 11 small tangeries and all the berries I could find on my sparse nandinas.

Just layer your apples (or limes) in the bottom. Add your berries next and top it off with your oranges. You could mix the layers however you wish...so play around with it. :) Then just add your greenery to the top. I also tucked a few magnolia leaves under the bottom.




So easy, inexpensive, and done in 15 minutes. Beautiful! :)




Deck the Halls Linky Party:
Speaking of decorating for Christmas, we have a linky party coming up on Monday, December 6th. Since Metamorphosis Monday is all about Before and Afters, that seemed the perfect day to share our homes all dressed out for the season. You could share something as simple as your mantel or front door decorated for Christmas...or give us a tour of the whole house. :) Please mark your calendar for our "Deck the Halls" party on Monday, December 6th. InLinkz will go up by 9:00 PM the Sunday evening before, so come on by and link up your beautiful holiday decor!

Here's a party button you can post to your sidebar, if you'd like. To post it just right click and save it to your picture file or desk top. Then upload it to your sidebar as a picture. Or, even easier, just copy the code beneath the button and add it to your sidebar as an html gadget.


Between Naps On The Porch



No comments:

Post a Comment