Saturday 6 November 2010

A Simple Fix for a Loud Intake Vent

Hi Everyone!

How is your weekend going? I'm doing non-fun but necessary stuff around the house...like changing an intake vent that has been buzzing, buzzing, buzzing. WOW...amazing how a little thing like that can make a big difference.

When they installed my new furnace/ac systems a few years ago...the vent started buzzing. I tried tightening the screws and then I tried loosening the screws. I even tried sticking a thick piece of paper under the edge...nothing worked. Finally, today I replaced it with a new one from Home Depot. I noticed the new one was was a lot thicker and more substantial. I'm happy to report...no more buzz! Yay!



Now why didn't I do that a long time ago? Just wanted to share this in case you have upgraded your heating or air systems lately and have a loud buzzing intake vent. Don't wait...it might be as easy as replacing the vent cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment