Friday 2 January 2009

Dining Room Renovation...a Change of Color

A couple of months ago, I decided I was tired of my dining room being painted all red, above and below the chair rail. The room isn't overly large, so all that red made the room feel even smaller. This is the only pic I have to show you of how it looked when it was painted all red. I had just decorated the room for a birthday party I was having for a good friend.



Once I made the decision to paint beneath the chair rail, I decided to have picture molding installed, also. This pic was taken right after installation. Are you just loving the two-tone action here? :-)


This was pretty painful to look at every day until I finally got a few days off from work and could start caulking all this new molding. (The red is actually a deeper red and not as bright as this picture indicates.)


Once I got the caulking done, it was time to prime over the Benjamin Moore "Raspberry Truffle" I'd just painted a year ago.


I have to admit, I was getting pretty excited by this point...definitely liking the change. I was also a bit horrified that the primer wasn't covering any better than it was....ugh...I foresaw another coat of primer before I could even start with the white paint.


Another coat of primer...looking better...




Finally...getting to put the good stuff on...the white paint. Not sure if this pic was after the first or second coat of white paint. Still didn't have the outlet covers back in place yet.


The sideboard is still pulled out from the wall in this pic. Note the high-tech furniture moving equipment...dish towels under each leg. Hey, it works. :-) Yep...definitely liking the white below the chair rail...what do you think?


Ignore the table...how's the wall look?


I can't imagine this tablescape with an all red wall behind it. I think the additional molding and white paint were a good change...but what do you think? Was it worth all the work? :-) Please say yes, or I might have to cry. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment