Thursday 29 January 2009

Show and Tell Friday and A Classy Flea Shopping Trip


I've been wanting to participate in Kelli's Show and Tell Friday's (There is No Place Like Home) but I've also been shopping at The Flea and wanted to post a Flea Friday trip...so what to do? (tapping fingers on desk, scratching head) Hey...what about a DOUBLE post! :-)

For Show and Tell Friday, I thought I'd share a very old pic with you. The quality isn't the greatest since it was taken with a Polaroid camera back in 1977. I was a Junior in college and had just soloed this little Cessna 150. My instructor spared me the "tearing of my shirt tail," an old tradition in aviation....but he did insist on taking my pic right after I landed. Don't you just love the bell bottom jeans? Hey, it was the 70's...which also explains the long hair parted down the center. :-)


Here's the certificate he gave me of a little bird being kicked out of the nest. (Sorry about covering my last name but you have to be careful in cyberspace.)
I didn't get my pilot's license...just too much going on with going to school full-time, working part-time and planning my wedding for the following June. But I did get to solo many times in that little plane and it was truly one of the best times in my life! :-)

Don't forget to stop back by There is No Place Like Home to see all the other Show and Tells posted for this Friday.




Ok, ready to go shopping at A Classy Flea? I was having withdrawals recently so I knew it was time...time for a shopping trip to A Classy Flea! I'm always amazed at how much has changed and all the new things they have each time I visit. Let's get going and see what we can find!

Vintage, oval, hand-painted serving bowl: $12.95 Isn't this wonderful...soooo tempting~


Hand-painted bunny: $4 Doesn't he remind you of the Herend bunnies...except they cost about a gazillion more!


Pretty blue tray: $8 I just like this soft blue color...


Italian Vanity Mirror: $59


20 piece, cobalt blue dish set, 4 place settings: $32.99: I could see a tablescape with this china...using my Blue Williow salad plates...or maybe red and white salad plates for the 4th of July :-)


Beautiful antique dresser...$299 Unfortunately, the marble top is broken but I still love it.


I love the old mirror on this piece...


WOW! 2 striped damask chairs for $99 for the pair... I only took a pic of one but you get 2 like this for that price!


3 piece vanity set with matching stool and a ruffled mirror...129


Here's the mirror. You know, this wouldn't be that hard to do with a mirror and some left over fabric...


Cute shamrock china...perfect for St. Patrick's Day: $25 for 3 cups and saucers and a creamer and sugar


I couldn't resist...had to buy these :-)


Beautiful, green crystal stems: $16 each


Adorable children's tea set...sort of regretting I didn't buy this: $22


Needlepoint pillow: $12


Garden stool: $45


Didn't get the prices, but I thought these were pretty...


Vintage, metal, cherub lamp with silk shade: $49


Close-up...so cute!


Pretty black, white and yellow glass or china tray: $9.99


Great chair...I think it was $79


Blue metal lamps: $19 each


Bird cage: $8.99


Hand blown, antique, smoke bell cloche: $34


Hope you enjoyed this Flea Friday! Did you see anything you wouldn't have been able to resist? You can visit A Classy Flea online by clicking HERE.

Little Reminder: Monday is Metamorphosis Monday...looking forward to seeing all your "Before and Afters!" If you aren't familiar with Met Monday, just click on the butterfly posted on my sidebar for all the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment