Saturday 3 January 2009

Metamorphosis Monday...What do you think?


Stand back, I have an idea! :-) Do you see the smoke coming out of my ears? Can you hear the creaking and squeaking of those rusty gears turning in my brain? :-)

On Friday, I posted about a minor renovation I completed recently in my dining room. I received more comments on that particular post than any other I've done so far. So, that got me to thinking...we all seem to really enjoy seeing a "Before" and "After." It's great fun to see a room changed from an ugly duckling into a swan. Wouldn't it be fun to have a day each week when we could visit blogs showing a renovation or metamorphosis of a room or space.

The following is a small sampling of the different transformations/before and afters, I could see posted on a "Metamorphosis Monday" (Met Monday):

Room renovation, large or small (kitchen, bath, bedroom, laundry, garage, porch or any room or space, in or around your home)
Closet re-design or reorganization
Floors refinished or redone
Exterior redo/repaint/addition
Garden Renovation or Addition (Flower or vegetable)
Furniture reupholstered or painted
Boxes of photos, organized or displayed in creative ways
Blank wall transformed with art, photos, mirrors or whatever you've used
Items on bookshelves rearranged for a whole new look
Rooms changed from a "winter" look to a "summer" look with slipcovers, pillows, rugs, etc
Mantlescaping...see Designs by Gollum for an explanation :-)

Do you have a room or space in your home that has gone through a metamorphosis? Have you recently reorganized that closet or garage? Do you have a "Before" and "After" you would like to share?

Please vote in the poll at the top of my sidebar and/or leave a comment here letting me know if this is something you might be interested in seeing hosted here each Monday, starting on January 19th. Don't forget about Blue Monday with Smiling Sally. If you already participate in Blue Monday, you can do both. :-) If you don't participate in Blue Monday, click HERE to learn more.

Don't forget, Tuesday is Tablescape Tuesday. If you would like to participate, leave a comment here OR email me at betweennapsontheporch@gmail.com. Then copy and paste the TT logo from my sidebar, to your sidebar and include it at the top of you TT post on Tuesday. That way others will know you are participating on that Tuesday. For more information about Tablescape Tuesday, click on the pink TT logo in my sidebar. Looking forward to all the great TT posts on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment