Monday 5 January 2009

Winter Greetings by Lenox: Welcome to the 20th Tablescape Tuesday!

A couple of weeks back I posted this tablescape...


You may remember the china I used, Winter Greetings by Lenox.


I wanted to share a bit more information about this china for this Tablescape Tuesday. This beautiful wreath and bird design was created for Lenox by wildlife artist, Catherine McClung...click HERE to access her website and see more of her amazing wildlife and nature themed art.


Ms. McClung, shown above (pic is from her website) was asked to create a bird ornament for The White House Christmas tree in 2002. In the pic below (from her website) she is standing in front of The White House. She was also featured on HGTV in their special called, Modern Masters: White House Artisans. You can read more about Ms. McClung and the HGTV special at her website.


Winter Greetings is my favorite Christmas china, but it is really a great china to use throughout the winter season. I love how the little chickadee has the end of the red ribbon in his beak. Something tells me Ms. McClung knows a little bit about whimsy. :-)


Today I thought I'd share some of the "special" designs/plates, Ms. McClung also created for this china pattern. These are a unique size, 9 inches, which is larger than a salad plate and smaller than a dinner plate. Sometimes this size is referred to as a luncheon size. Lenox calls them "accent" plates and they feature 8 different birds by Ms. McClung. I love this size plate because it's the perfect size for a Christmas party/buffet. I purchased around 30 of them just to use for Christmas parties.

Each plate is a little work of art...click on any of the following pics to enlarge...


Chickadee...


American Goldfinch...


House Finch...


Cedar Waxwing...


Eastern Bluebird...


Downy Woodpecker...


Nuthatch...


Cardinal...


Some of the pieces in this pattern are called "figural" pieces...they have a raised pattern, as well.


This is another style accent or luncheon size plate that I've also collected in this particular pattern. I love how Lenox has produced so many different accent plates for the Winter Greetings china pattern. This style plate is also a figural design...notice the raised pattern.


Another example of Ms. McClung's beautiful paintings...this platter features a male and female Cardinal...


Four "extra special" accent plates have been created for the Winter Greeting china pattern...click on the pictures below for a better look. These plates are so detailed...so much like a painting, that I've actually had guests ask if it's ok to eat from them. I don't believe in "saving" anything...if you have it, use it and enjoy it as often as possible.


A few close-ups of each plate...click to enlarge...








I wonder if the reason so many of us are confessed "dish addicts" is because so often the china we love is just plain beautiful. To me, these plates are individual little pieces of art. No wonder we love our dishes so much! :-) As Shelia would say, "Can we love our dishes; I think we can!"
:-)

Now, I'm off to visit all the wonderful tablescapes that have been posted for this Tablescape Tuesday...come along and join me! :-)


So glad you've stopped by for Tablescape Tuesday. We have 33 participants today!

I have a little announcement/change to tell you about today regarding Tablescape Tuesday. Next week I'm going to handle the signing up for TT a little differently...thought we'd give Mr. Linky a try. I've never wanted to use Mr. Linky in the past because of the changes I would have to make to my template...but now there's "Easy Mr. Linky" (no kidding) so let's give it a whirl.

So, how does it work? Next Monday evening, after 9:00 PM, I'll have a post available here, with a Mr. Linky box all set for you to sign up. It's very easy to sign up using Mr. Linky and I'll have the simple directions available for you on that post.

I decided to give Mr. Linky a try because it will allow you to join in at the last minute, without worrying about having missed the deadline for participation. :-) If you go to bed early and don't add your link that night, you can add it first thing in the morning or anytime that's convenient for you after 9:00 PM Monday night. We'll give this a try and see how it works for everyone.

I can't wait for you to see all the wonderful tablescapes that have been posted today!

A Diva's Hammer Wielded by the Muse

A Southern Daydreamer

Above the Clouds

Bargain Hunting with Laurie

British Colonial Love Affair

Carolina Panache

Confessions of a Plate Addict

Crazy Carol's Capers

Creating Myself

Cuisine Kathleen

Designs by Gollum

Grits and Glamour

HappyYarns

It Could be Worse

Kathleen Ellis

Lady Katherine Tea Parlor

Life at Ann's Place

Melissa's Heart and Home

My Heart's Ease

Note Songs

Once in a Blue Moon

Play for a Moment

Royal Touch

SavvyCityFarmer

Southern Seven

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity

The Crowned Casa

The Gypsy's Corner

The Happy Wonderer

The House in the Roses

The Project Table

Thinkin' of Home

White Iris Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment