Monday 12 January 2009

A Breakfast Table Setting: Welcome to the 21st Tablescape Tuesday!

A breakfast tablescape awaits you below. In addition, you will find links to many wonderful tablescapes that have been especially prepared for your visit this day.

Scene from a French Cafe...

Speaking in a heavy french accent, you are greeted by your waiter, Jean Claude...who with a grand wave of his right arm, says, "Right this way Madame and Mademoiselle...I have your breakfast all ready and waiting for you. Please excuse this napkin...I mean scarf, the boss is making me wear. She insist I coordinate with the tablescape...silliest thing I've ever heard. Quel désastre!"


Breakfast for two...Quelle bonne idée !



Creamware is Butler's Pantry, Gourmet by Lenox; Fruit-patterned china is Melina by Villeroy & Boch.



Que c'est délicieux!



Ahhh, yes...I would like to introduce my tablescape consultant, extraordinaire...Monsieur Ecureuil. The shutters in this little french cafe' were wide open as I prepared this tablescape. Mr. Squirrel...uh...I mean Monsieur Ecureuil, sat and watched my every move to make sure I was doing a good job. :-)



Jean Claude looks quite pleased with his table setting.



Found these "French" juice glasses at Williams-Sonoma many years ago...Parfait!



Love how the fruit design works with the Melina china.







"All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast." John Gunther



I love a layered look so I'm using both placemats and chargers in this breakfast setting.

(Lace chargers are from Horchow, online...purchased around a year ago.)



This was the first time I've ever used egg cups. I followed the instructions at this SITE to learn how to "open" the tops of the eggs. It was really easy and que c'est délicieux! :-)





Bon appétit!


Comme il est beau! Mais je te jure que c'est vrai!
(Translation: He is so handsome! But I swear, it's true!)
:-)



I've had quite a few folks asking where I found Jean Claude. He came from Home Depot Expo quite a few years ago. Unfortunately, they are out of business, but I did find a store online named, Brix, where you can get your own Jean-Claude. Click HERE to visit Brix.

To view all these beautiful tablescapes, just click on the links provided below and prepare to be delighted and inspired! :-)



If you are participating, add your link to Mr. Linky below by following these simple steps:

1. After you have "published" your Tablescape Tuesday post to your blog, you are ready to add your link below. Put your first name in the box labeled "Your Name."

2. Next, put your "permalink" in the box that asks for your URL. Right click on the title of your Tablescape Tuesday post and select "copy shortcut." Then place your cursor in the Mr. Linky URL box, right click again and select "paste." Click "Enter" and you are all done! You should see your link posted. :-)

Here are this week's participants:

No comments:

Post a Comment