Wednesday 2 December 2009

Tablescaping with Dept. 56...A Christmas Tablescape! Welcome to the 67th Tablescape Thursday!

I've had this table setting in my head heart for years and, I must say, this had to be about the most fun I've ever had creating a tablescape. Warning: This post is photo intensive. I've narrowed it down as far as my heart would allow. Click on any pic to enlarge. Enjoy!









Old Chelsea Mansion...Residence of Clement C. Moore, author of "A Visit from St. Nicholas," better known as 'Twas the Night Before Christmas...
























China is Lenox, Holiday













Roasting marshmallows...



















Pizza Delivery...




Feeding the birds...
















Dashing through the snow...









I believe!












Just married...

























The view from Santa's sleigh...








China: Lenox, Holiday
Crystal Stemware: All are by Waterford: Iced Beverage/Tea-Araglin Wine-Crimson Hock Champagne-Twelve Days of Christmas Collection
Sterling Flatware: Towle, King Richard
Napkins: Martha Stewart, recently from Macys
Houses: Dept. 56, Snow Village Collection, had for over 15 years

Additional Information:
So many folks have asked about the Dept. 56 lit houses...how they are lit and where I have hidden the wires. All the Dept. 56 houses come pre-wired and have a bulb that fits into the back. I've run the cords down the center of the table behind the houses. When I put the center leaf in the table, I left a crack just large enough to fit all the cords single file through the crack. Under the table, they are all plugged into each other...they are designed to plug into one another in kind of a piggyback style. Then I've plugged them into an extension cord and I've run that one cord across the floor to an outlet under the sideboard. So, that's the only electrical cord that's visible. Ok, I feel a little like a magician who just revealed how the magic trick is done. LOL :-)

Some of you asked about the music that's playing during this post...it's Somewhere in My Memory by John Williams. It was the theme song for the movie, Home Alone.  (You can tour the house in the movie Home Alone, HERE.)

Merry Christmas from my home to yours! Looking forward to seeing your beautiful tablescapes!



If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Please copy and paste the Tablescape Thursday logo button to your computer. Then you can upload it to your side bar and use it in your tablescape post so your visitors will know you are participating.

Please link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday.

Please do not add your link below, until your tablescape post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs have beautiful tablescapes awaiting your visit:


No comments:

Post a Comment